Brian Anderson to the all star game?

sin city sox fan

He's really stepped up and is playing some superb baseball right now. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we went from worrying about the centerfield position to having an all star centerfielder? It would be a tremendous hoot. An incredible hoot. A hoot beyond belief just a few weeks ago. Cheers to you BA.....this Buds for you. See ya in the all star game!!!!!

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
He's really stepped up and is playing some superb baseball right now. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we went from worrying about the centerfield position to having an all star centerfielder? It would be a tremendous hoot. An incredible hoot. A hoot beyond belief just a few weeks ago. Cheers to you BA.....this Buds for you. See ya in the all star game!!!!!

Not so sure BA is ready for the mid-summer classic, but he has been a more than pleasant surprise. Hope he can keep it up.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 10:18 PM)
Heh. On the bright side, he is 9-22 his last six games.

He's not an all-star, but I'm totally content with how he's playing now.

If batting over .400 ain't worthy of all star consideration, than I'm not sure what is. 9 for 22 is about 9 more hits than I would get in 22 at bats (not that I'm an all star....I'm just saying he's that much better than me.)

Before he gets named to the American League team though, we should sign him to a 10 year contract for $60 million or so to avoid any costly arbitration setbacks in the coming years.

BA deserves our support and tis time to show him that he has it!

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 25, 2009 -> 09:30 PM)
If batting over .400 ain't worthy of all star consideration, than I'm not sure what is. 9 for 22 is about 9 more hits than I would get in 22 at bats (not that I'm an all star....I'm just saying he's that much better than me.)

Before he gets named to the American League team though, we should sign him to a 10 year contract for $60 million or so to avoid any costly arbitration setbacks in the coming years.

BA deserves our support and tis time to show him that he has it!

And you're basing this on a whole 22 at bats. Sign the guy till he's 37 . I'm glad he's starting now but if he ever makes $6 mill a year for 1 year I'd be surprised .

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 04:20 AM)
By the way, good thing we only ever started him against lefties.

vs LHP .182

vs RHP .357

Brian is doing areal good job. Platooning is way overated anyway. But, in Saturday's game Owens did makea real fine catch in CF

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
caulfield to thread

I will wait until the end of May to comment on BA.

As far as the White Sox go, we have no leadoff hitter for the forseeable future and big question marks surrounding Linebrink and Jenks.

Thome looks absolutely horrible. So does Fields. Nobody swings and misses more on this team than he does. Fathom is right, Josh had a big hit in the first inning, but if Betemit still isn't playing today against a tough RH pitcher, then he'll only have 50-75 AB's all season, after having the best spring of any White Sox hitter.

We still look like a .500 team...fortunately, that's where the rest of the division is at, too.

Lillibridge can run and defend, and that's it, unfortunately. He just can't cover the outside part of the plate. Lillibridge missed a hit and run today with Anderson running because of the fact he's short and stands way too far away to do anything but inside-out fastballs into RF.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 02:03 PM)
I will wait until the end of May to comment on BA.

As far as the White Sox go, we have no leadoff hitter for the forseeable future and big question marks surrounding Linebrink and Jenks.

Thome looks absolutely horrible. So does Fields. Nobody swings and misses more on this team than he does. Fathom is right, Josh had a big hit in the first inning, but if Betemit still isn't playing today against a tough RH pitcher, then he'll only have 50-75 AB's all season, after having the best spring of any White Sox hitter.

We still look like a .500 team...fortunately, that's where the rest of the division is at, too.

Lillibridge can run and defend, and that's it, unfortunately. He just can't cover the outside part of the plate. Lillibridge missed a hit and run today with Anderson running because of the fact he's short and stands way too far away to do anything but inside-out fastballs into RF.

Call me crazy....but the way BA is going, he may turn out to be a very serviceable leadoff hitter. He's hitting for a high average, striking out very little, taking pitches that aren't strikes, and he has decent speed. He'll never led the league in stolen bases....but if he can maintain a .300+ average, I think he'll be leading off within a month and could prove to be our answer at the top of the order.

QUOTE (soxfan420 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)
Where have all the ba haters gone to now?

Its still too early to call anyone out right now. He has looked good, but this is a game of adjustments. Give him at least a month.

I will say this though, its really nice seeing him produce right now. Is it possible for us to have 3 position players from our system have success at once? I hope so.