Really Good Thome Interview

Heads22

Now please don't think I'm trying to incite anything, I just have a question...

This is a "he said he said" thing, where someone told me sonething that someone else told him, so I'm actually the 3rd party.

Anyway, one of my friends told me his college professor, who's from Ohio, told him that Thome used to beat his wife while he played for the Indians.

Any truth to this???

I didn't know whether or not it was true, so I just pretended I believed my friend when he told me.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 01:38 AM)

This is a "he said he said" thing, where someone told me sonething that someone else told him, so I'm actually the 3rd party.

Anyway, one of my friends told me his college professor, who's from Ohio, told him that Thome used to beat his wife while he played for the Indians.

Any truth to this???

I didn't know whether or not it was true, so I just pretended I believed my friend when he told me.

Wow I would be stunned if Thome did that. He doesnt seem to be that sort of a person, at all.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 01:38 AM)

Any truth to this???

What really is the point of this post?

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 05:51 AM)
Should we sign Thome back after the season...would be great to see him hit #600 in a White Sox uniform

Maybe to a one-year deal with a mutual option for a second. Not sure he'd take it, though.

I doubt that Thome would ever treat his wife that way. Sounds like somebody has a grudge against him. A friend of a friend of my went out on a date with him shortly after he arrived in Cleveland. I'm not sure if there was even a second date, but apparently he was a pretty nice guy back then.

Great article. Thanks for posting.

I don't know why, but it seems like Thome has been with the sox a lot longer than he has been. Same with AJ. It's been a pleasure watching him crush some balls.

His first AB when he crushed that ball, someone has a sig of that picture here. His walkoff 500, although when I think about that one it hurts me that we didn't get to see Frank do it in our uniform. Game 163 last year when I was there. Just awesome moments I won't ever forget.