Does MLB select a mascot for the all star game?

sin city sox fan

Southpaw had to start this year earlier than any other mascot as Mr Obama summoned him to D.C in January. Nonetheless, Southpaw has been a pro all season long and done a great job of interacting with the fans. I think he even taught A.J. how to be a southpaw and sign his name with his left hand. I'm not sure if MLB selects a mascot for each league to attend the all star game.....but if they do, Southpaw should be in St Louis later this summer. He's been on top of his game and definitely having a strong season that deserves recognition. I'm sure he scores lots of chicks with his job (or guys if goes that way instead)....but Southpaw deserves some professional recognition as well and a trip too the all star game should be on the way. Ya da man Southpaw!!!!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
When the Sox were playing the Twins on Fox two weekends ago it was funny watching Southpaw move around behind the plate when Liriano was pitching. I don't know if it affected Liriano, but that was the inning he kept walking people.

He was doing that yesterday. Does anyone remember if that was when Burres was on the mound?

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 09:54 AM)
When the Sox were playing the Twins on Fox two weekends ago it was funny watching Southpaw move around behind the plate when Liriano was pitching. I don't know if it affected Liriano, but that was the inning he kept walking people.

Thats performing like an all star. I wonder if he gets a bonus if selected?