Blue Jays (13-6) @ White Sox (9-8) 1:05 pm CSNHD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 12:23 PM)
That was demoralizing. I'm so sick of the awful at bats Thome is giving this team. He's not even drawing walks like he used to.

His swing has definitely slowed down since last season. He's still strong enough to pop one over the LCF wall, but it just seems like he cant turn around on ANY pitches.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
The sooner he's out of the rotation and sent to the glue factory, the better.

That just wont happen overnight. Contreras is a veteran, has had proven success, has that spicey Latin pride, is emotional; you know, all the excuses that will be thrown out when he's out there game after game giving up runs.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
Well, his average is going to go down because those aren't going to keep falling in. I think he can stick around .270, though.

If he keeps making contact and stays comfortable up there, he'll start hitting more line drives and hitting the gaps. He's done it before, he just never could put it all together.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 26, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
If he keeps making contact and stays comfortable up there, he'll start hitting more line drives and hitting the gaps. He's done it before, he just never could put it all together.

True, it's asking an AWFUL lot to stay around .320, heck I'd be pumped if he hit .300 and I'd take .270.

I'm not one of the die hard Anderson supporters, I just want whoever's playing the best to be out there and right now Anderson is the best.