White Flag II: White Flaggier

RibbieRubarb

Time to re-stock the farm and cut salary so KW and sign more players in the off season who'd rather not play here and stink it up.

Let's clean house

OUT by July 31st:

Everett

Colon

Valentin

Lee

Konerko

Gordon

People I'd like to see traded for SOMETHING, but we won't be able to:

Billy Koch

Robbie Alomar

Doesn't mean I hate all of these players, it's just FA and other factors makes them the best candidates.

Get rid of the manager and go form there.  In 40+ years of baseball 'Hawk' has never seen a more underachieving team.  I am not sure if winning will even bring me back for the first time in as long as I can remeber I have to say I feel I the same as this team, "I don't care."

Sure you care. You are just frustrated like many Sox fans.

You wouldn't waste your time on this board if you didn't care.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Time to re-stock the farm and cut salary so KW and sign more players in the off season who'd rather not play here and stink it up.

Let's clean house

OUT by July 31st:

Everett

Colon

Valentin

Lee

Konerko

Gordon

People I'd like to see traded for SOMETHING, but we won't be able to:

Billy Koch

Robbie Alomar

Doesn't mean I hate all of these players, it's just FA and other factors makes them the best candidates.

i agree pretty much with that list and you can add to it...dauber, and white.......

To those who want to get rid of Everett, you aren't thinking that we could get anywhere near as much for him as we are giving up to the Rangers, do you?

Unless there is another GM out there like our illustreous KW, we'll be lucky to get the number of prospects we gave up back.

Sure you care. You are just frustrated like many Sox fans.

You wouldn't waste your time on this board if you didn't care.

I'd add Daubach to the OUT list, though I think he is a fine DH and good clubhouse guy.

White is on the other list, I don't know who would trade for him. Maybe St. Louis because he has had success there.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I can just see KW hanging onto to everyone, offering them arbitration, watching them leave, and then getting 8-9 first round picks just so he could brag to Billy Beane.

lol thats not gonna happen.. it would cost jr too much money............he will fold the team before he offers everyone arbritration ....... :D

If Alomar gets a few hits, I think you might be able to get something for him. Remember he virtually costs nothing.

Yep, him and Everett are very tradeable at this point cause neither of them make anything. Everett could be a good fit in Oakland, but that means dealing with Billy.

To those who want to get rid of Everett, you aren't thinking that we could get anywhere near as much for him as we are giving up to the Rangers, do you?

I dunno. Everett is a pretty darn good player and I've been really pleased with him since joining the Sox. I think you could get some good value for him. Also remember if the Sox get compensation for him (If things work out that way) they get 2 first round picks most likely, which to me is way better value then what the Sox gave up.

Speaking of trading Everett, he waived his no trade clause to come here.  I bet that clause is still in effect.  Jason, is that what they taught you at GM school?

Lol, I'm thinking once you waive a no trade clause thats it. But at this stage in the game I haven't got my legal education :D

I'd think Everett would be open to a trade to a team in contention.

lol thats not gonna happen.. it would cost jr too much  money............he will fold the team before he offers everyone arbritration ....... :D

The thing is, if guys want to stay here they will renegotiate a contract rather than go to arbitration. Arbitration really does nobody any good unless you are an aging player that had a really good year and knows the market will not reward you (Maddux, Finley.) The guys we have will not benefit. What will Alomar get? What will Colon get? It is a crapshoot and a one year deal at best. The sad thing is, I like this team and wouldn't beef about getting rid of a corner outfield/1B/DH guy (Daubach/Evertett/Lee/Thomas/Ordonez/Konerko,) to improve a weakness. Maybe I am dillusional but I look at this team and give up analyzing it, therefore I point at the blockhead that is responsible for the day-to-day operation JM. He is being exposed as the fraud he is. We are finishing year three of a terrible division that we should have walked away with but knucklehead JM is pulling the wool over our eyes and JR is proving that he feels he is above the fans of this city and will do as he wishes. Watch attendance fall below 8K a game next years. Meet the dark years, this is White Sox baseball.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im sorry i cant put blame on jm alone without putting blame on the one who put this mess together in the first place............new ownership and a face lift all the way down to the dugout is needed if were ever gonna win something on the south side.. jr puts a team out there with just enough to tease and keep ya coming back....or somewhat interested.... untill an owner gets in there that actually cares about winning and not only makin money then we will never ever see anything more than a tease on the field.... its more than the dark years lol these are the walking through hell years.......the only reason the season ticket base was slightly higher this year is cause of the all star game .. you watch it go below 4grand this upcoming season espically if the sox dont win something this year.....jr needs to go... and he can take everyone with him.............get someone in here who wants to win.....

Guest hotsoxchick1
God I f***ing hope so  :headbang

you have any doubts???? come on now killa you been around too long to not know better...........with all they hype thats been billed the past couple of seasons and all the busts that have found their way to our team.. believe me theres gonna be a strong drop in season ticket sales if something good doesnt come out of this season... i know a bunch who already plan on not renewing.. hell i almost didnt renew this year...we lost quite a few people in and around my section who were holders for many years.......gone........jr seems to be making it his priority to alienate the remainder of die hard fans he didnt alienate during the white flag years........

I just hope that they blow this thing up this year and assemble a new style team that will kick butt this year.

I know with the right trades of the pieces the Sox have right now, they can get players that will help this team win in a lousy division next year.

Cut Payroll, Add Ready Talent, and MLB ready players and sign a few guys in the offseason and this team can be a winner yet again. Plus, even after blowing this team up, the team honestly could still win in this division THIS YEAR.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't doubt it HSC. I just hope it falls to the numbers you predicted.

Thanks JR  :fyou .....

FOR KILLING THE WHITE SOX!

without the all star game being hosted here it would have already been to those numbers...... check the records department for the numbers on the "new" season ticket holder base for this year... i highly doubt those folks will be back for next season with no all star game on the south side.....also look at the numbers on the ticket holders who were regular members and dropped their packages this year...i have no doubt if this team doesnt do something better than 1st place and take a division title that those numbers will decrease next season.......