4/28/09 Mariners @ White Sox - Game 1, WGN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Corkaroo magic is already gone.

Lillibridge really needs to go down to Charlotte and play everyday and work on bunting and hitting the ball on the ground and simply making better contact. He's like Curtis Granderson up there, with the only plus being his speed/defense, which don't help much if you're not on base.

They can mix in Nix and the only downside is they have to keep Owens around as the back-up outfielder.

This game is being played at the pace of the final game of a minor league season when everyone has a ticket to get out of town that night.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
He made that 90 mph fastball look like Zumaya threw it.

The sad thing is, he is very very fast. Not Owens fake fast. Really fast. So all he has to do, is make contact and run like hell. Yet for some reason his swing is long. One of the comments that Farmer made earlier in the year was that he thinks he is a bigger player than he really is and thinks he has power. Once they can convince him to slap and run he might actually do something.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:44 PM)
BTW...you do realize we're going to see Lillibridge face Felix Hernandez tonight? Mercy

I'd just start Getz, since you know, he's going to play tomorrow anyway but Ozzie has his rules.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 11:45 PM)
The sad thing is, he is very very fast. Not Owens fake fast. Really fast. So all he has to do, is make contact and run like hell. Yet for some reason his swing is long. One of the comments that Farmer made earlier in the year was that he thinks he is a bigger player than he really is and thinks he has power. Once they can convince him to slap and run he might actually do something.

He would have been a decent player if he played 5 years ago during the steroid era (similar to Ryan Sweeney).

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)

His peripherals are those of a power hitter. Farmer is right on.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)

"Every time I see you hit one in the air you owe me twenty pushups"

I've always been confused at how people thought Griffey Jr. was going to be a clubhouse cancer with the Sox? It's like people are surprised he was a good clubhouse guy. When he was in Cincinnati, every one of their young outfielders said how amazing Griffey Jr. was with them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
I've always been confused at how people thought Griffey Jr. was going to be a clubhouse cancer with the Sox? It's like people are surprised he was a good clubhouse guy. When he was in Cincinnati, every one of their young outfielders said how amazing Griffey Jr. was with them.

People actually said that?

I was worried he'd be terrible in CF.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
His peripherals are those of a power hitter. Farmer is right on.

How does a guy who looks like a 12 year old, go up to the plate and think. f*** it, I am going to jack it. He is what, 150 pounds soaking wet.

I think the cold weather has something to do with Getz not playing, although it might be so cold he won't be able to feel any of his fingers.

Owens 1/11, Lillibridge 5/33 now. 6/44, not so good. .136 and falling off a cliff.

Fields looks like crap. Please try Betemit or even Viciedo.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)

People actually thought he'd be a cancer? Griffey is considered to be one of the best clubhouse guys in the game. Who doesn't love the kid?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)

This might shock you, but Griffey eats babies. It was a big concern for the team what with Buehrle having a kid about every two years now. Kids on the Reds were just too young to care.