4/28/09 Mariners @ White Sox - Game 1, WGN

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
This might shock you, but Griffey eats babies. It was a big concern for the team what with Buehrle having a kid about every two years now. Kids on the Reds were just too young to care.

Didn't he try to devour Cueto?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)
I've always been confused at how people thought Griffey Jr. was going to be a clubhouse cancer with the Sox? It's like people are surprised he was a good clubhouse guy. When he was in Cincinnati, every one of their young outfielders said how amazing Griffey Jr. was with them.

Who said that? I never heard anything like that.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
People actually thought he'd be a cancer? Griffey is considered to be one of the best clubhouse guys in the game. Who doesn't love the kid?

Griffey is said to have whined a lot about diminishing press coverage when A-Rod began to steal his thunder in Seattle. That most likely followed him around for a while.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
Who said that? I never heard anything like that.

There's been different mentions in the media leading up to this series about how no one knew what to expect with him in the clubhouse. Even when the trade was made, there was some worries he might not fit in with the team.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 05:54 PM)
Griffey is said to have whined a lot about diminishing press coverage when A-Rod began to steal his thunder in Seattle. That most likely followed him around for a while.

Ick, that's very old news. That's pretty ridiculous, talk about grasping at straws.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
There's been different mentions in the media leading up to this series about how no one knew what to expect with him in the clubhouse. Even when the trade was made, there was some worries he might not fit in with the team.

Maybe it's because I am a big Griffey fanboy and I've had a huge mancrush on him since I was like 12, but I never heard anything about him being bad in the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 03:55 PM)
Ick, that's very old news. That's pretty ridiculous, talk about grasping at straws.

Reputations sometimes follow people around for a while. I never head anything negative about Griffey during his Cincy days.