4/28/09 Mariners @ White Sox - Game 1, WGN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
I think you're right, both with hitting and pitching. Either the White Sox don't provide quality ones or the players ignore them

Well, we are 2nd/3rd/4th in winning percentage over pretty much any time period from 1990 until present...trailing only Braves, Yankees and Red Sox depending on which specific time period you're looking at.

So we do a few things right. And we've been okay against lefties this year, with some pretty pathetic looking line-ups.

Who has absconded with the White Sox offense?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 04:15 PM)
The Sox have won more than a few games this year without a key home run, this is something that will be ignored by most.

?

How do you define "A key home run"?

I believe we're currently winless in homerless games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
Well, we are 2nd/3rd/4th in winning percentage over pretty much any time period from 1990 until present...trailing only Braves, Yankees and Red Sox depending on which specific time period you're looking at.

So we do a few things right. And we've been okay against lefties this year, with some pretty pathetic looking line-ups.

I agree, the Sox have been a well run org, but there's no denying when a new pitcher they've never seen pitches they get dominated a vast majority of the time.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 12:17 AM)
What a horrible AB for Alexei. Talk about looking clueless at the plate, that was just dreadful.

Nonsense...that pitch literally over your head is a good pitch to swing at twice in an AB.

That was an 8 pitch inning. Lillibridge is so far off the plate, he basically gives himself no chance to hit the ball with authority. Of course, Ozzie has the guts to say we'd be in trouble if Beckham was our 2nd baseman and not Lillibridge.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
?

How do you define "A key home run"?

I believe we're currently winless in homerless games.

Yeah and that means what, exactly? Quentin hits a solo home run in the 7th inning of a 5-0 game. Those first 5 runs are negated by a solo job when the game was pretty much out of reach.