GAME THREAD: 4/29, 1:05pm start, vs SEA

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
I am a BA fan but he must bat ninth......he also needs to contribute though. That was a situation to succeed. Guillen is showing faith in BA and BA is letting him down which I find sad but is the norm for this team right now. He needs to cut down his swing.

Here's the main problem I have with Anderson.

He's just baseball-dumb. He has no concept of cutting down his swing on a fastball and just making contact or hitting a sacrifice fly. All he has to do is hit a ground ball or fly ball to the right side of the field. Brian just takes that big, looping swing on a 93 MPH fastball that he could take 100 times and he wouldn't make contact with once.

No excuse not to score 2 runs in that situations with 2nd and 3rd, no outs.

Wait, I thought everyone would be happy with him hitting .265? He's always faltered in RBI opportunities, but it's unfair to say he hasn't made adjustments, as it's easy to tell he has already this year.

BTW, Thornton vs. Griffey is just unfair.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 03:59 PM)
Here's the main problem I have with Anderson.

He's just baseball-dumb. He has no concept of cutting down his swing on a fastball and just making contact or hitting a sacrifice fly. All he has to do is hit a ground ball or fly ball to the right side of the field. Brian just takes that big, looping swing on a 93 MPH fastball that he could take 100 times and he wouldn't make contact with once.

No excuse not to score 2 runs in that situations with 2nd and 3rd, no outs.

That is the M.O. of so many people on that team it is ridiculous. Dye swinging 2-0 yesterday and today after a pitcher was struggling to throw strikes.

If the bullpen can do their job today the Sox should win without an issue.

so AJ can throw guys out

I also like that people jump on Anderson for one bad at bat. I'm slightly worried about him hitting with runners on, but blame should be placed equally, because JD has not been good this game either.