GAME THREAD: 4/29, 1:05pm start, vs SEA

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Someone tell me what happened to BA? Please?

Anderson swung so hard at one and fouled it probably ripped his colon in half. Is it just me or does it always appear BA swings too heavy a bat?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
Anderson swung so hard at one and fouled it probably ripped his colon in half. Is it just me or does it always appear BA swings too heavy a bat?

It's not just you.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
BA after 0-2 count in career

13 for 94=.138

At 0-2 count

4/46=0.087

So you base are trying to base your arguement on by far the toughest count to hit in. Awesome.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
OK, one last time, for those of us at work...

WHAT HAPPENED TO BRIAN ANDERSON??? Is he hurt?

BA swung REEEEALLY hard with his big loopy swing and fouled it off and strained an oblique or something and left the game with an 0-2 count.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
OK, one last time, for those of us at work...

WHAT HAPPENED TO BRIAN ANDERSON??? Is he hurt?

He took a HUGE hack and then grimaced and put his hand on his right hip. Hopefully just tweaked something.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 05:26 PM)
The funny thing is that Owens made an out and it counted on BA's stats...right?

No i think that only affects strikeouts when you enter with 2 strikes or walks when you enter with 3. I could be wrong. That's one of those obscure rules.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
BA after 0-2 count in career

13 for 94=.138

At 0-2 count

4/46=0.087

What is the league average after an 0-2 count? Swisher hit .145 last year after being down 0-1 and .099 after being down 0-2. I remember that, but there aren't many who have .300 averages after 0-2. It would be baseball-dumb to think otherwise.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
So you base are trying to base your arguement on by far the toughest count to hit in. Awesome.

No, but someone made a sarcastic statement ("must have been his long swing") about how he was 3 for 10 in that situation (0 and 2) this year, as if that was evidence of some kind of amazing change in his swing and approach.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
No, but someone made a sarcastic statement ("must have been his long swing") about how he was 3 for 10 in that situation (0 and 2) this year, as if that was evidence of some kind of amazing change in his swing and approach.

exactly, it was supposed to be taken light-hearted. It's not a surprise that he sucks at 0-2, I'm sure even Pujols sucks when he goes down 0-2.