Scott Podsednik time?

Linnwood

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
Scott Podsednik has done more in his career than either Jerry Owens or Dewayne Wise. The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't...and that pretty much would sum up this move.

I think we know all of these Devils pretty well to be honest with you

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
I'm not about to throw in the towel, considering I thought last year's team was going nowhere and they made it as far as they did.

But really, we're in the same spot we've been in for three years: a middle lineup of aging, slow sluggers surrounded by no-names. Only our pitching is noteworthy. That we didn't get a leadoff hitter/CF in the offseason I thought was pretty ominous.

That said, last year we managed to win the division, so who knows?

Except this year, the "no-names" are looking pretty decent. Getz leading off is good, Fields has done nicely so far. You also managed to ignore Alexei, who is neither old nor slow (though his hitting has started slow again), and has actually looked pretty good at short. The lineup has some guys starting cold, and a couple injuries, but other than the CF hole of doom, the lineup is really pretty good when healthy.

I'd worry more about defense, keeping people healthy, and how Colon and Contreras hold up, than anything else.

So apparently Scott Podsednik's agent (Ken Felder, I believe) has been telling media outlets that Scott will join the Sox in Arlington. Well, lets just hope his abysmal play over the past 3 seasons is behind him and he catches fire right away. Plays in the right center field gap should be rather interesting this weekend.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:29 AM)
What made me angry was the complaining of the Swisher trade. How many times last year did I read posts calling for Swisher to be traded...RIGHT NOW!?

That's a hell of a sample size. Clearly, Swisher deserved to be traded, after all, you read it alot.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
Just remember if thome cant go I wonder they put dye at dh and pods in right

For what reason would they do that? They are already thin at the OF position as it is

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
I'm not about to throw in the towel, considering I thought last year's team was going nowhere and they made it as far as they did.

But really, we're in the same spot we've been in for three years: a middle lineup of aging, slow sluggers surrounded by no-names. Only our pitching is noteworthy. That we didn't get a leadoff hitter/CF in the offseason I thought was pretty ominous.

That said, last year we managed to win the division, so who knows?

Chris Getz

Alexei Ramirez

Josh Fields

Carlos Quentin

Brian Anderson

more than half of the lineup, when it's healthy, is full of good, young, athletic players. The core of the lineup is aging and slow, yes, but those 4 will combine to hit 100 homers. I'm not too worried about it.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
Hey, alot people dont want Pods in center because hes not very good there to beging with. Just throwing it out there

Yeah, but what you suggested would probably put Lillibridge in center, which would take him off the bench, and reduce an already thin bench.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
We have Carlos Quentin...he's one of the best players in the American League, but your "synopsis" makes it seem like we are lacking a stud offensive player.

Okay you got me there. But besides Quentin?

-Dye

-CF du jour

-Fields (actually he's not bad)

-Alexi (TBD)

-2B du jour

-Konerko

-Thome

-AJ

Just sayin...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
So what Chris Getz has done in his first 12 games this season doesn't have you excited in the slightest? Brian Anderson hitting screaming line drives back up the middle and putting together good AB after good AB?

thats nothing man, its only du jour

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
thats nothing man, its only du jour

See, that's the problem...

If our young guys are producing, we can't be confident in it because they're still young guys and they could regress.

By the time we're confident in them though...they're old slow veterans who we need to replace with young guys because they're old and might start regressing any day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)

If our young guys are producing, we can't be confident in it because they're still young guys and they could regress.

By the time we're confident in them though...they're old slow veterans who we need to replace with young guys because they're old and might start regressing any day.

There is that one day, around 28 years old, when White Sox players are in their prime. Hopefully, it isn't a Sunday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)

every other teams players are all in their primes though

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
Scott Podsednik has done more in his career than either Jerry Owens or Dewayne Wise. The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't...and that pretty much would sum up this move.

Interesting take. However the devil we have known was a player made of glass. Now he's more of a player made of cracked glass.

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
Interesting take. However the devil we have known was a player made of glass. Now he's more of a player made of cracked glass.

If you put enough tape on it, cracked glass can hold up against the wind for a little while. Frankly, right now that's what we need. Just get a few games out of him, maybe a few walks and a couple of hits. It'd be better than what we're getting out of Owens, and it'll give us a little more time to get healthy.