Selena Roberts really hates ARod..

bkmoney

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 09:33 AM)
From everything we have learned about A-Rod in the past year, does this really surprise you? The Roids were definitely for stat padding, I have no doubt that ARod would be happier with a record than he would a world series ring

However, I think we most had our suspicions about him before the PED reports came out. None of this news has surprised me.

I think finding out stuff like this about Pujols would be a hell of a lot more surprising.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 2, 2009 -> 08:43 AM)
However, I think we most had our suspicions about him before the PED reports came out. None of this news has surprised me.

I think finding out stuff like this about Pujols would be a hell of a lot more surprising.

I agree with everything except the Pujols stuff. The only legit HR hitter that I would be shocked about these days is a guy like Dunn.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:55 AM)
I agree with everything except the Pujols stuff. The only legit HR hitter that I would be shocked about these days is a guy like Dunn.

Worth noting is the difference between being surprised and disappointed.

There is absolutely no reason to suspect Pujols, IMO. I've watched him since he came up, and neither his body nor head changed drastically between any seasons. Sure he has filled out into his frame, but everyone usually does, especially when you workout using MLB weight programs every year.

I just don't see Pujols body being an effect from steroids or PED's.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 2, 2009 -> 07:52 AM)
There is absolutely no reason to suspect Pujols, IMO. I've watched him since he came up, and neither his body nor head changed drastically between any seasons. Sure he has filled out into his frame, but everyone usually does, especially when you workout using MLB weight programs every year.

I just don't see Pujols body being an effect from steroids or PED's.

You can only tell so much from body type though. I guarantee I've heard the exact same argument about ARod.

Essentially the Today Show interview established that the book has only anonymous sources and no one will confirm the information on the record. Roberts' sees the evidence in the book to be the same as the evidence in 2003 which ended up being true.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 4, 2009 -> 04:46 AM)
Essentially the Today Show interview established that the book has only anonymous sources and no one will confirm the information on the record. Roberts' sees the evidence in the book to be the same as the evidence in 2003 which ended up being true.

More likely... Roberts sees a chance to cash in...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2009 -> 05:57 AM)
More likely... Roberts sees a chance to cash in...

They said the exact same thing repeatedly about Canseco. And he wound up being right on so many...

Just remember...it's not just the person writing the book who's looking to cash in here. The people breaking the rules have plenty of incentive to cash in as well.

SI

Major League Baseball is expanding its investigation of Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez by adding the pitch-tipping allegation spelled out in Selena Roberts' new book A-Rod to the agenda, people familiar with the inquiry told SI.com.

While MLB is expected to call back Rodriguez himself, as well as others connected to those 2001-03 Texas Rangers teams when the pitch tipping supposedly took place, the expectation to prove any pitch tipping on Rodriguez's part has to be extraordinarily low.

MLB's burden of proof in a case like that would have to be extremely high to take action; they'd need either Rodriguez to admit to the charges, or for someone else intimately involved to swear to it. It would seem futile to go over video of the games and try to match up alleged tips and pitches, especially since ex-Rangers teammates have come forward to say they didn't notice any tipping, and they were there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
You can only tell so much from body type though. I guarantee I've heard the exact same argument about ARod.

I second that thought, I heard the same thing about A Rod. I remember the so called experts saying that A Rod probably wasn't a user because he was always that size, even when he came out of High School.