Getz & Thome OK; BA to be re-examined

WSoxMatt

Hopefully BA gets back out there asap. I would hate for him to be out for a while and lose his job cause of Ozzie's love for Wise. (or even Pods for that matter... SPEED BABY!!)

Good to hear on Getz to. We really need him out there the most. JI JIM THOME.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
Good news. So Pods takes Owens' spot, Getz and Thome stay, and that just leaves BA as a question mark.

So... I HOPE that Getz still leads off when he returns, and not Pods.

The way that Getz was hitting, there is no way he isn't the regular leadoff hitter. Getz is the grinder that Ozzie has been searching for.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
The way that Getz was hitting, there is no way he isn't the regular leadoff hitter. Getz is the grinder that Ozzie has been searching for.

If Pods can hit and get on base like he used to (i know it's doubtful), I think Getz is better suited as #2 hitter. He could be the new Iguchi.

If Pods can hit and get on base like he used to (i know it's doubtful), I think Getz is better suited as #2 hitter.

Man that would be somethin. And you know for a fact Ozzie will run Pods at leadoff. It's a given. And yes Getz is an outstanding 2 hole hitter. His career stats as the 2 guy in the minors is really, really good. (had his best stats in the 2 spot)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Man that would be somethin. And you know for a fact Ozzie will run Pods at leadoff. It's a given. And yes Getz is an outstanding 2 hole hitter. His career stats as the 2 guy in the minors is really, really good. (had his best stats in the 2 spot)

Hmmm...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)

Or Pods leading off and Getz the #2 hitter with Fields like 7th or 8th in the line up

Scott Podsednik hasn't been anything close to his 2005 self since 2005. If anybody thinks Podsednik will be anything but a placeholder is dreaming. The only thing that is generally true about Podsednik is that he's a better player than Jerry Owens.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
Scott Podsednik hasn't been anything close to his 2005 self since 2005. If anybody thinks Podsednik will be anything but a placeholder is dreaming. The only thing that is generally true about Podsednik is that he's a better player than Jerry Owens.

And that his wife is smoking hot.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)

But if Pods is in the lineup, doesn't that mean that he'll play CF? If that's the case, I'd rather go with Getz leading off and using Pods as a 4th outfielder (and especially a pinch runner).

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)
If Pods can somehow resemble his 05 form, our lineup just got a helluva lot more dangerous... defense be damned.

Not gonna happen. And you can't throw defense out the window when it's f***in cf.