4/30 Games

scenario

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:39 PM)
Remenowsky pitched the 10th...3 strikeouts!!! 21 k's

He has 14 k's in 8 innings this year. No walks. No ERA.

I'd be curious about his stuff. Undrafted Free Agent. Ehren Wasserman also dominated in the lower levels, so did an Aaron Kirkland years back. But he is intriguing, especially being 6-5, 255.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:52 AM)
I'd be curious about his stuff. Undrafted Free Agent. Ehren Wasserman also dominated in the lower levels, so did an Aaron Kirkland years back. But he is intriguing, especially being 6-5, 255.

he's a soft-tosser. from SSS:

Dan Remenowsky went undrafted last year out of Division III Otterbein College in Ohio. Instead, he joined up with the Windy City Thunderbolts of the independent Frontier League where he made two appearances before being signed by Doug Laumann, White Sox Director of Scouting. All he did after that was mow down Rookie Leaguers at a brief stop in Bristol and then Great Falls. And he's continued mowing down A ballers at Kannapolis so far this season. He's a soft-throwing righty whose fastball tops out in the mid-80s and he's gotten hitters out by changing speeds. That's the sort of thing that doesn't usually work well at the higher levels; nevertheless, he's an interesting story.

http://www.southsidesox.com/2009/4/25/8519...white-sox-minor

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
Diamond Jaxx finally scored an unearned run.

C Price (who's the Corkaroo of that team) had a passed ball with runners at 1st and 2nd and then whipped a throw past Viciedo into LF (trying to get the advancing runner), so kind of a double-error on one play.

6-1 going into the 6th.

What the hell is a Corkaroo?

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
I want to be excited about Hudson, but Corwin Malone struck out 16 guys once....haha

Corwin Malone spent 7 years with the Barons. 7 years. Marinate on that one. He's still only 28. Watching him pitch those last few years was tasking. The pace of the game would come to a screeching halt. You think Rafael Betancourt works slow, you haven't seen anything until you watch Malone.

Nothing much to report from the game tonight. David Cook's first homer was one of his patented cannon shot's I've talked about so many times. The second was a high, majestic one. My friends and I gave him a "we are not worthy" bow. Viciedo seems to be getting more comfortable at the plate, he's still not pulling the ball. I can only imagine what he can do when he actually sees a fastball. On the video board, Shelby III was Eddie Murphy from his standup show, Beckham was Swayze from Dirty Dancing, Flowers was Maverick from Top Gun, Allen was Mr. T from Rocky, Viciedo was Lionel Ritchie "All Night Long (All Night)", Cook was Prince from Purple Rain, Gartrell was Rick James "Superfreak", Retherford was a member of Devo and Price was the Hoff from Knight Rider. According to my friend Adam, Aaron Poreda is a karaoke nut, and C.J. Retherford doesn't mind getting props while taking a leak.

Charlotte thoughts...

Good to see Cassel back starting again, but, he got beat up pretty good in the 4th. Finished with 4 IP, 5 ER, 8 H, 3 BB, 2 K. Not a great start, but, he'd been pitching 2-3 innings in relief, so maybe he just isn't stretched out yet. I hope.

Wassermann 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K. After getting shelled and putting up an ERA of 18.00 his first two outings, he's now gone 6 outings with these numbers: 9.2 IP, 0.93 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, 1 BB, 10 K. He did this same thing last season after he was sent down when he was bad in his April/May call-up - had a bad outing or two, then dominated. I am probably the last person left who thinks that Ehren could be a good middle reliever, should Carrasco or Broadway continue to falter - but I think when he's got his confidence, he's pretty good.

The Charlotte lineup really does suck. Gookie Dawkins is their 2nd best hitter right now, behind Andy Phillips. Other than Phillips and Lucy, maybe Kroeger, I don't know that there are any guys in there that have any chance at a major league future - and none of those three look like future starters.

Cole Armstrong's OPS now down to .319. I don't know if I've seen one that low before with 30+ AB.