GAME THREAD: 5/1, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm CT

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
This game is almost unwatchable.

How does this team hold its own against Roy Halladay but consistently gets shut down by garbage pitchers year after year?

As long as Greg Walker's not around when the new batch of players join the majors, that's all that matters.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
I'm downtown. AM radio comes in horribly or I'd be listening to DJ.

I'm downstate with no viable radio signal unless I sit in my car for 3 hours.

And to echo, 1 hit off Scott Feldman. Bad. Bad. Bad.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
As long as Greg Walker's not around when the new batch of players join the majors, that's all that matters.

feldman is feasting on the outside part of the plate. do you see anyone trying to go the other way?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
do fans of other teams experience this level of frustration? I have to believe so.

This could be (insert team)talk. I'm pretty sure the threads would be the same. Everyone gets frustrated. The game is designed that way.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)

You know damn well he'll be around.

Bring us your tired your hungry your rag arm pitcher who throws slop. We will rescue him and make him feel like a king. We do so much better vs hard throwers than mixers, or soft tossers.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:38 AM)
feldman is feasting on the outside part of the plate. do you see anyone trying to go the other way?

Of course not, but Texas has 5 hits up the middle or the opposite way.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2009 -> 08:39 PM)
watching the sox on computer, yanks/angels on tv. NY has no bullpen.

The Yankees are dangerous if their starters go deep (much like every other team). But their pen has been exposed by Wang being awful. They don't carry a long man.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:41 PM)
i would trade a choice draft pick for their hitting coach

If Andruw Jones keeps this up and turns his career around he should donate half of his future earnings to Rudy Jaramillo because he looked done last year.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:42 AM)
The Yankees are dangerous if their starters go deep (much like every other team). But their pen has been exposed by Wang being awful. They don't carry a long man.

They spent a fortune on every position besides their bullpen, when they could have received Juan Cruz for cheap. The Yanks draft pick doesn't really matter, as they're always able to get higher end guys who fall due to signability issues.