Podsednik/Nix Recalled, Anderson to DL, Owens Demoted

chisox2334

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some bright news, Getz is back in the lineup, and if Anderson wasn't injured, he would be the starting CF and a number 9th hitter.

Podsednik is only a backup, and yes while there are better options outside of the organization, most of us here would rather have Scott than Jerry Owens.

With that said, I'm expecting the White Sox to sweep the Texas Rangers.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
There is some bright news, Getz is back in the lineup, and if Anderson wasn't injured, he would be the starting CF and a number 9th hitter.

Podsednik is only a backup, and yes while there are better options outside of the organization, most of us here would rather have Scott than Jerry Owens.

With that said, I'm expecting the White Sox to sweep the Texas Rangers.

If Podsednik is the backup right now, who starts? Lillibridge? I'd almost rather put no one out there.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
If Podsednik is the backup right now, who starts? Lillibridge? I'd almost rather put no one out there.

I suggest we play no one in CF and our 9th fielder will be Matt Thornton standing behind AJ. When someone tries to steal AJ can flip the ball to Matt to throw the runner out at 2nd.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:20 PM)
Who is worse in CF: Griffey or Pods?

We need a monster poll including Mack and Everett

Incidentally for Mackowiak it's sad a guy who grew up a Sox fan (and was a solid hitter) will be remembered in this town for his CF duties which were not of his own doing.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)

What I'm trying to say, yes Podsednik is not good, but that's because he's not WISE - our official starting CF, or Anderson - our NEW official CF, he's a third string outfielder, that we got for basically nothing.

Since injured players (see Pipp, Wally) aren't supposed to lose their jobs, does this mean BA is back to starting when he returns?

I have always liked BA, but one thing no one mentions and I have always worried about is trouble staying healthy.

Pods/Lillibridge is a bad combo in CF, but Owens/Lillibridge is worse. If Pods plays much, he's going to get hurt. Hopefully, BA will be ready by then.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
Podsednik suppose to be in the lineup, do you bat him 9th or lead him off and move Getz to two spot?

I'd lead off Getz and have Pods hit second. Let him give himself up and move Fields down and tell him to swing as hard as he can. He needs to start hitting some homers. Maybe putting him in the 2 hole put too much on his mind.

I know all you guys are s***ting on Pods but I am pulling for him. In CF its gonna be a roller coaster but I think he has a chance to get hot with the bat and atleast show that he could contribute on this team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
Since injured players (see Pipp, Wally) aren't supposed to lose their jobs, does this mean BA is back to starting when he returns?

I have always liked BA, but one thing no one mentions and I have always worried about is trouble staying healthy.

Pods/Lillibridge is a bad combo in CF, but Owens/Lillibridge is worse. If Pods plays much, he's going to get hurt. Hopefully, BA will be ready by then.

No, you're wrong about that. He changed his workout regiment and now he's invincible it's really that easy, someone should tell Mark Prior.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
We need a monster poll including Mack and Everett

Incidentally for Mackowiak it's sad a guy who grew up a Sox fan (and was a solid hitter) will be remembered in this town for his CF duties which were not of his own doing.

Its not Griffey's fault he was in CF last year. He even let KW know about his knee before the trade. Its not Everett's fault KW had him in CF in 2003 either. Its none of the players' faults. The White Sox apparently don't value defense in CF. Now it appears they don't value offense there either. They just want a guy who will play for near minimum.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (shipps @ May 1, 2009 -> 01:33 PM)
I know all you guys are s***ting on Pods but I am pulling for him. In CF its gonna be a roller coaster but I think he has a chance to get hot with the bat and atleast show that he could contribute on this team.

There's no reason not to just like there's no reason to believe he'll do much of anything at the plate or in the field except for, you know: blind faith and the undying magic of the 2005 season.

I also think he could start out semi-hot just to spite me, which I'd like very much. I just hope the Rangers are pull happy this weekend with lots of high fly balls to the corners.

+1

I was all for signing Pods and replacing Owens with him. He is better than Jerry, and I hope Pods does well. I really do. The reality is he probably won't. I've been his biggest critic on this board even during his "magical" 2005 season when he scored 80 runs, drove in 25 and had an OPS of .700, and the only thing he led the league in was Caught Stealing. (KW are you reading? Maybe I can help you in your arb cases) You may say his runs are the product of others, and I would mostly agree although driving yourself in does have its advantages. He scored a pedestrian 80 runs in 2005. Everyone would say he distracted pitchers so much that year. If he really was such a distraction, why did he only score 80 times? He only drove in 25. Now you can say that isn't his fault, your teammates have a lot to do with that, but isn't it strange the 8th, 9th and 2nd place hitters drove in at least double that? Pods was 0-7 with 1 rbi with the bases loaded that year. The run scored on a walk. If that were BA, he wouldn't be an MVP candidate but the reason for Swine Flu.