GAME THREAD: 5/2, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm WGN

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:45 PM)
So they hit 3 of our hitters, and possibly broke Dye's hand...and not one retaliation pitch thrown.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme with Sox / Rangers for the entire time Ozzie has been with the Sox.

X-Rays negative on Dye.

I tuned in in the bottom of the 6th and jsut saw the replay.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
Somewhere, right now, Pods is stretching out that groin so that he can get on base in the ninth and create some mayhem 2005-style.

Based on the " '47' thefts and counting" in my sig I can tell that the last time I updated it was July 14th, 2005. From July 15 to the end of the season he put up a .676 OPS and 12 stolen bases to go along with 14 caught stealing. Perhaps the resurrection of the Podsednik signatures will give his ass a little jolt.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 03:58 AM)
I doubt JD plays tomorrow so either we'll see Alexei in the outfield or we're looking at a Quentin-LillyBridge-Podsednik outfield for the rubber match.

No way we'll see Alexei in CF. I'm ok with that outfield as long as it's only for a few days. We just need to survive May with all these injuries and struggling players.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:59 PM)
I don't think any of the pitches were aiming. None of them.

Aiming or not then they need to focus on throwing outside and not attempt to come inside then.

Lillibridge needs to be gone for a mediocore outfielder with potential.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 2, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
Aiming or not then they need to focus on throwing outside and not attempt to come inside then.

What?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 2, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
If you have no control you can not throw inside. Understand if you try and throw inside and miss your spot, so will our pitcher.

Well, obviously not...

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 2, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)

Send his ass to Winston Salem and tell him to hit everything on the ground, every time he hits one in the air he does twenty pushups. There's no reason for Brent LillyBridge to ever hit another flyball for the remainder of his career, he weighs 124 pounds, groundballs, bunts and line drives or he can find a new team.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 04:05 AM)
Send his ass to Winston Salem and tell him to hit everything on the ground, every time he hits one in the air he does twenty pushups. There's no reason for Brent LillyBridge to ever hit another flyball for the remainder of his career, he weighs 124 pounds, groundballs, bunts and line drives or he can find a new team.

The problem is he strikes out at the rate a power hitting prospect would. It's really amazing how terrible he is. Watching him hit this year, you would have thought he would have hit .220 in the minors last year.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 04:07 AM)
Ick, Pods really can't catch up to the heat. His bat speed is all but gone.

Yep, it's pretty pathetic. Hawk's blowing of his infield single is Jerry Johnson-esque from "Little Big League". One little dribbler for a hit, and everyone goes nuts. It's not going to be fun watching him get 400 ABs this year. The potential really is there for this season to be like 2007 if Floyd can't get it going and the offense stays subpar.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
The problem is he strikes out at the rate a power hitting prospect would. It's really amazing how terrible he is. Watching him hit this year, you would have thought he would have hit .220 in the minors last year.

Oh, believe me I know. He needs to focus on making contact and hitting down on the ball, I think a lot of his troubles with the strikeouts comes from his desire to drive every pitch out of the ballpark. The sooner he realizes he's a tiny white guy with blazing speed the sooner he can get on with his probable big league career as a utility player.