GAME THREAD: 5/2, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm WGN

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:29 PM)
He's only playing there because this team makes him. He's really a 2B. I would like to see his road splits... can you give me a URL?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...=Career&t=b

for his career:

Home: .323/.371/.483/.855

Away: .278/.322/.407/.729

Everything suggests that he's made a living off the lightning quick infield and big gaps of the Ballpark in Arlington. Honestly, I wouldn't take him if they gave him away for free, that's how bad that contract is.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
We should have definitely sent Fields.

I didn't catch where the ball was in relation to where Fields was. But in this kind of game, yea, we should.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 3, 2009 -> 03:33 AM)
If Dye is out for any amount of time, if we want to try and win, Alexei has to move to the OF.

I couldn't agree more. I just saw a highlight of Dye's HBP, and I'll be shocked if we see him get another at bat before June.

.278 BA is not that bad. I don't disagree that it's a big contract, but I do think the guy can hit and he's not that bad defensively - AT 2B. SS, no, not so much, nor 3B, although he's just gotten moved there this year.

I would argue that most guys have a better home BA, so, it's not that outrageous.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
For his size, you're right. I didn't see if he could have made it or not.

Thome's hit went into the right hand corner.

Can't imagine why a third base coach wouldn't send a guy who was on 2nd base home.

Anybody should have been able to score on that play.

But Cox put up the stop sign.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
It's like you can smell it. Where's the damn chart?

:lol:

Look, I just think he's a pretty good player. Superstar? No. But a really good player who always seems to put the ball in play. Except against a suck ass Contreras. :lol:

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 3, 2009 -> 03:34 AM)
I didn't catch where the ball was in relation to where Fields was. But in this kind of game, yea, we should.

Yeah they didn't show where Fields was. Only thing it looked like was Fields was completely stopped on 3rd by the time the relay got the ball.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
.278 BA is not that bad. I don't disagree that it's a big contract, but I do think the guy can hit and he's not that bad defensively - AT 2B. SS, no, not so much, nor 3B, although he's just gotten moved there this year.

I would argue that most guys have a better home BA, so, it's not that outrageous.

It is when you rely on your home ballpark as much as him. I honestly believe the only ballpark he could really succeed in outside of Arlington is the Twinky dome and their concrete infield. And .278 is terrible when you're only major asset is your ability to hit for a high average.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
It is when you rely on your home ballpark as much as him. I honestly believe the only ballpark he could really succeed in outside of Arlington is the Twinky dome and their concrete infield. And .278 is terrible when you're only major asset is your ability to hit for a high average.

I can't argue that point.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 3, 2009 -> 03:36 AM)
Thome's hit went into the right hand corner.

Can't imagine why a third base coach wouldn't send a guy who was on 2nd base home.

Anybody should have been able to score on that play.

But Cox put up the stop sign.

He was on 1st base. But still...

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 2, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
He was on 1st base. But still...

He was, eh? I guess I'm too damn depressed from the Bulls game to be paying adequate attention.

Edited by scenario