GAME THREAD: 5/2, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm WGN

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 2, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
If it's a do-over, we could possibly see Jose DL'd or sent down and try to have a new pitcher up by tomorrow, without losing a game in the process.

Yeah, KW could be on the phone with an affiliate right now getting a kid on a flight.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 3, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
If it's a do-over, we could possibly see Jose DL'd or sent down and try to have a new pitcher up by tomorrow, without losing a game in the process.

Poreda could get the start tomorrow.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 2, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
Shut up Alex. I'm about to have to build a damn ark - it is balls out pouring for the fourth time today. We've had about 6 inches of rain where I live.

You forgot my entire state was underwater last summer. No sympathy here. :)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 3, 2009 -> 02:13 AM)
what's the point of a trip to the DL? I would think it has to be charlotte to work out whatever is happening. I still applaud the guy for getting back so soon. Maybe it's just too soon. (or maybe he's too old).

It's not like he's been tearing it up since the end of the 2006 ASB anyways. Still ranks as worst contract/extension in KW's history.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 2, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
You forgot my entire state was underwater last summer. No sympathy here. :)

That's a good point. :lol:

Now the thing is, the southern end of this storm (which is what is hitting the ballpark) is not nearly as big as the one over my damn house.

BUT there's another storm about 30 minutes or so behind this one.

Im watching the Bulls and only following the Sox online right now, but based on Counts numbers I am relieved to think we might finally be done with him. If this doesnt prove hes done then I dont know what does. He is just terrible.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
It's not like he's been tearing it up since the end of the 2006 ASB anyways. Still ranks as worst contract/extension in KW's history.

Since June 1st 2006 through yesterday (I'm not even going to count today) Jose has made 76 starts and this is what he has to show for it:

25-35, 5.29 ERA, 1.48 WHIP, 5.7 K/9, 10.42 H/9

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:23 AM)
Since June 1st 2006 through yesterday (I'm not even going to count today) Jose has made 76 starts and this is what he has to show for it:

25-35, 5.29 ERA, 1.48 WHIP, 5.7 K/9, 10.42 H/9

Just more proof that 2005 was a magical season for the White Sox.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)
Every team that wins the World Series has a magical season.

True....funny that Tampa had a magical season and still didn't win it all. Their pitching staff this year looks like ours from 2006.