What grade would you give Obama in his first 100 Days?

What grade do you give Obama for his first 100 days?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What grade does Obama get?

• A
    • A-/B+
    • B
    • B-/C+
    • C
    • C-/D+
    • D/D-
    • F
    • INC

The real answer should be incomplete because no one knows the effects yet of what he and his pals in Congress are doing.

IMO, we will see short term progress and then long term immense pain (inflation).

QUOTE (knightni @ May 2, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
B.

The guy looks like he's trying but I'm a bit worn on his speeches.

He hasn't really accomplished anything yet, but I won't be tougher on him until a year or two into his presidency.

Well, he's done more (good and bad) in his first 100 days than any President I can remember. So I think he's accomplished some things.

I went B-/C+.

Some nice parallels to Reagan, especially spending spending spending. He is following a less than inspired leader and has charisma and charm. He is winning me over, but he is facing bigger challenges than any President in recent memory.

If he was playing center, instead of centralist, we would have had him judged 98 days ago. Where the hell is the Soxtalk rush to judgment? I am appalled.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:58 AM)
Some nice parallels to Reagan, especially spending spending spending. He is following a less than inspired leader and has charisma and charm. He is winning me over, but he is facing bigger challenges than any President in recent memory.

If he was playing center, instead of centralist, we would have had him judged 98 days ago. Where the hell is the Soxtalk rush to judgment? I am appalled.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:58 AM)

If he was playing center, we would be clamoring about all the other presidents we could have signed in the off-season.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 4, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
If he was playing center, we would be clamoring about all the other presidents we could have signed in the off-season.

That's bush league . . .

The bad:

Geithner

The banks

Daschle

Not giving enough to public transportation in stimulus

Vets not getting vet insurance if can be on spouses

The good:

GITMO

stem cell

torture

Cuba relaxation

Keeping Gates/defense spending reform

Clinton as SOS

Foreign Trip/getting IMF money

Can speak coherently

Stimulus package

It's easy to just read the good, but the stem cell/torture/Gitmo lineup was personally a really big deal.

Soooo I give them the ole elementary school 'S'

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:47 PM)
Interesting. I figured you were the A. I wonder who that is.

Lost points for the Geitner pick, not going far enough in lessening restrictions with Cuba, and trying to be too centrist.