THE Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers

Got on here late, but uh....um...is Quentin so fragile that he cant shift over to RF? I mean, Pods doesn't even have enough of an arm to play CF, so....lets put him in RF???!!?

Good lord Ozzie.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:05 PM)
Then you know nothing about the game.

you actually like listening to awkward silences and stellar cometary like "boy, lot a movement on that pitch"? I never said I enjoyed the ESPN broadcast, I'm just saying at least it isn't awkward.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2009 -> 11:07 PM)
Nicely done Nix.

I love how freaked out you guys are about a 1-0 game.

It was an excellent play by Nix. I'm just so damn sick of Lillibridge, as even his defense has been disappointing this season. I don't think I'd even enjoy watching him if I was a Winston-Salem fan.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 3, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
The Dusty Baker school of managing.

Rookie + lefty = cannot face lefties must need platoon.

It's seriously starting to piss me off. Getz has no problem hitting lefties, and never has. Play him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
Nicely done Nix.

I love how freaked out you guys are about a 1-0 game.

get off your high horse. we're not freaked out about the 1-0 game, we're pissed at the s***ty handling of this ballclub. that's it.

we LITERALLY have a minor league team on the field. not even jokingly like we've said in the past... like... 5 out of the 9 guys in our lineup should be on a AAA squad or worse.

i hate ozzie guillen

No we don't "literally" have a minor league team on the field. Man, I hate it when people overuse of misuse that word.

Lillibridge belongs in tee-ball. Ridiculous

good job by Danks to sack up there. although given that Andruw Jones took a shovel and pick ax with him to dig into the batter's box, that would've been a good chance for a heater high and tight then the s***ty beanball warning to both sides.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:08 PM)
you actually like listening to awkward silences and stellar cometary like "boy, lot a movement on that pitch"? I never said I enjoyed the ESPN broadcast, I'm just saying at least it isn't awkward.

How is awkward silence and stating the obvious worse than Miller, Morgan and Phillips? That's like saying an empty plate is better than a plate of dog s*** because at least the dog s*** has character. I'll take complete silence over having my intelligence insulted and being lied to.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 3, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
get off your high horse. we're not freaked out about the 1-0 game, we're pissed at the s***ty handling of this ballclub. that's it.

This team is ridiculously beaten up right now. It happens sometimes. A lot of it is accidental also; aside from Thome it's not really age related, it's guys getting plunked or accidentally pulling muscles. 2005 didn't end when Jermaine Dye had to play SS for an inning.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 3, 2009 -> 07:11 PM)
How is awkward silence and stating the obvious worse than Miller, Morgan and Phillips? That's like saying an empty plate is better than a plate of dog s*** because at least the dog s*** has character. I'll take complete silence over having my intelligence insulted and being lied to.

Hey, i personally would love to hear Morgan broadcast another A's game.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:11 PM)
No we don't "literally" have a minor league team on the field. Man, I hate it when people overuse of misuse that word.

Lillibridge belongs in tee-ball. Ridiculous

i'd take hyperbole over bad grammar any day.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 3, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Last year the Sox actually rocked Hard Body Harrison the first time they saw him. That rarely happens, especially against a lefty.

Yes but 2 of the 4 players who participated in that beating are out of the lineup today.