THE Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
Screw that...we have Getz there. Put Nix at SS, and then move Alexei to CF. Sadly, I feel like Ozzie will come up with any excuse to get Pods into the lineup now.

Before Fridays game, Ozzie wanted to have Pods lead off. Ozzie thinks its 2005 still.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 3, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
Hence the f***. I don't know what to do, but Nix needs to be in this lineup more. Let him play out this hot streak.

This is what you would classify as a hot streak? What is a cold streak?

Hence the f***. I don't know what to do, but Nix needs to be in this lineup more. Let him play out this hot streak.

Chris Getz is hitting .400 over his last 40+ PA in the bigs. That's a real hot streak.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ May 3, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
how would you like to be danks knowing that ozzie has his back.

I'm pretty sure Danks looked at the line-up an knew he had to be very sharp even against a pitcher with an ERA over 7.00. Its scary when Corky Miller is batting 6th.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:12 PM)
If they think scoring off this guy is tough. I wonder what happens tomorrow when we face Greinke. He is actually good.

I'm actually more worried when I see we're going to face Harrisons than I am when I see we're going to face Hernandez, Holliday, etc.

You have watched him play all of what one game. He was released by the Rockies. The thing with Nix is he could always field great. His stick is what kept him back. Lets give him a few ABs before we start replacing guys who are hitting over 300.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 4, 2009 -> 12:17 AM)
Before Fridays game, Ozzie wanted to have Pods lead off. Ozzie thinks its 2005 still.

Ozzie's inability to get our best bats into the lineup on a daily basis is killing this offense. Besides for Alexei, no one is really struggling among the regulars. It's just that the lineup is constructed so poorly.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:18 PM)
You have watched him play all of what one game. He was released by the Rockies. The thing with Nix is he could always field great. His stick is what kept him back. Lets give him a few ABs before we start replacing guys who are hitting over 300.

I absolutely do not want to "replace" Getz. I merely want to fit Nix and Getz into the same lineup. Nix's glove looks solid so far, and he's hitting. I don't care if its 1 game, I'd rather see if he finally is getting it together. But he has no where to play.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 3, 2009 -> 07:20 PM)
Isn't it a good situation to be in? 2 great 2B's, trade one for one legit CF.

Great secondbasemen? Nix was released by the f***ing Rockies a few months ago.