Daryle Ward signed...

JPN366

QUOTE (shipps @ May 3, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
So this was done because of Thome's possible injury status?

If it was, it isn't a bad idea. I am really not ready to call up any of the kids at AA until they are a little more seasoned. No sense in rushing them until they are more than ready.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
If it was, it isn't a bad idea. I am really not ready to call up any of the kids at AA until they are a little more seasoned. No sense in rushing them until they are more than ready.

Daryle Ward's father is the batting coach for Charlotte.

Ward was hitting .220 for Tim Raines and the Newark Bears. I doubt this is a signing with an idea of him eventually being in Chicago. He can play for his dad and maybe he'll do well enough to be a pinch hitter for some team, but if its as a possible replacement for Thome in case of injury, the White Sox would be in trouble. Remember when he came up and hit a bunch of homers? It was thought he was going to be a star but IIRC he got real heavy and lost it, although he has hit righties pretty well.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 3, 2009 -> 01:39 PM)
Awesome! My Charlotte team in MVP 2005, just got better! Time to move to the bench, 2b eligible Andy Phillips!

Pick up MLB 2K8, It's even better that MVP 2005. The options you have are astounding.

MLB 2K8 for PS3, it's also available for XBOX 36O, Wii & others.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 3, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
JPN, how dare you. There has yet to be a game that can rival the awesomeness of MVP 2005.

Besides, The Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2K

They might have a lot of options, but their gameplay is terrible, IMO.

I respectfully disagree. I did play MVP 2005 for three years, but just before last year, I got a PS3. It was the 40GB one that isn't backwards compatible. I read about the options in MLB 2K8 and it sounded like a rightful successor and upgrade to the greatness of MVP 2005. I understand if you don't like it, but I've been happy with the game play. I'm actually on my second copy. I traded in my first one assuming that MLB 2K9 would be just as good, but read that they stripped it of a lot of features, most importantly the playability of AA and A teams. The only drawback to 2K8 is that W-S is still the Warthogs.