5/3 Games

danman31

I think they postponed the Barons game too soon. The weather cleared out before 4PM. That would have been only a two hour delay. I get there 50 minutes before gametime, I'm ordering my corndogs and Powerade, and I hear "shut it down, the game's cancelled, double header tomorrow." Usually I have to wait for corndogs to cook...for 10 minutes. They were ready, but I turned them down and headed home. Zaxby's for lunch instead.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
JPN, how would you describe Beckham's speed?

Well above average. I think he could steal up to 20 bases a year, but I doubt that his focus will be on that. Although I could see him turning into an Ian Kinsler type player.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:01 AM)
D Lucy: 2-3, BB, 3 R, threw out 2 of 3 attempted basestealers.

Are we done with Corky yet?

Lucy looked really good yesterday. I'd never seen him play in person before, and I was surprised how lean he was (big guy but not as "stocky" as most catchers). Also, his catchers helmet is a Sox helmet instead of a Knights one.

A few other random moments from yesterday's Knights game:

- The Knights made Gustavo Molina (now playing for Syracuse) their "k" player of the game... Molina responded by hitting a HR.

- The Charlotte fans were really picking on Gary Glover calling him Gary Glover Girl. Gary didn't seem to appreciate it.

- Adam Russell looked really average.

- I used to be a big Wasserman fan, but I've soured on him somewhat. Although it was only one game, the only thing that Wasserman had going for him yesterday was the funky motion. It doesn't seem like enough to be successful in the majors.

Lots of interesting players on the field yesterday including ex-Sox farmhands Molina, Glover, and Eldred, who got some nice cheers from the home team fans. Also, Corey Patterson looked deliciously horrible, and Lastings Millegde did not seem enthused to be playing in AAA.