We are literally the worst team ever.

Reddy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 3, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)
Oh come on, we're 12-12. If we finish 12-150, then yeah we're the worst ever. But I hate seeing Ozzie's Sunday lineup too.

It's a joke, if you didn't read the game thread today then you're not gonna get it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
So Ozzie wants Getz to get some playing time at 3rd base in the upcoming weeks. Shouldn't we worry a lot more about CF than 3B, a position that Betemit can play?

i turned off the game and everything related - really? did he say that? because in that case i'm not gonna give him the benefit of the doubt anymore - i want ozzie gone.

Fields is at 3B. work Getz or Nix as SS, hell, even CF. 3B is not really our biggest concern at the moment, even though Josh isn't doing wonderfully, Lilli in CF is worse.

Fields looked beyond pitiful tonight and should be no where near the 2 hole. Betemit has been swinging decently and should get a few games in at a position he might be able to actually play.

Why don't we try and see if Getz can play some CF instead? I really like what I saw out of Nix today, and if Getz can play CF even some-what decent, we have our answer there for the rest of the season...

1. Getz, CF

2. Nix, 2B

3. Quentin, LF

4. Thome, DH

5. Dye, RF

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Fields, 3B

9. Ramirez, SS

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
Fields looked beyond pitiful tonight and should be no where near the 2 hole. Betemit has been swinging decently and should get a few games in at a position he might be able to actually play.

Why don't we try and see if Getz can play some CF instead? I really like what I saw out of Nix today, and if Getz can play CF even some-what decent, we have our answer there for the rest of the season...

1. Getz, CF

2. Nix, 2B

3. Quentin, LF

4. Thome, DH

5. Dye, RF

6. Konerko, 1B

7. Pierzynski, C

8. Fields, 3B

9. Ramirez, SS

So you want to move the guy from 2nd who is hitting, so you can keep the guy at SS who is hitting like crap. How about we move Ramirez to CF as he will be there when Beckham comes up next year. Nix can field the ball with the best of them, he doesnt hit all that well. Hence why he was released by the Rockies.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)
I think this club is a .500 team,which means we will be in the hunt for the AL Central til the end

Which is a shame, i'd almost rather be out of it and trade some players than be in the hunt with a mediocre team.

I think this club is a .500 team,which means we will be in the hunt for the AL Central til the end

Can't argue with the .500 at best talk.

Our Sunday lineup is an automatic loss. Corky's hot streak is over; Lillibridge is one of the worst hitters in baseball; Fields is looking lost; Betemit is OK I guess but nothing but a mediocre player. Pods also can't hit.

Looks like we are going to have to play Dye, Konerko, Thome and AJP every fricking day or we should at least.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 4, 2009 -> 03:43 AM)
Which is a shame, i'd almost rather be out of it and trade some players than be in the hunt with a mediocre team.

Absolutely, going 80-82 this season would be the worst possible outcome for this organization.

Edited by fathom

Thats what I forsee, sadly. So now I must do the unthinkable - root for an AL central team to do really well and shut the Sox out.

It goes against every impulse in my body - waves of nausea even now - but its the Sox only hope.

QUOTE (daggins @ May 4, 2009 -> 03:50 AM)
Thats what I forsee, sadly. So now I must do the unthinkable - root for an AL central team to do really well and shut the Sox out.

It goes against every impulse in my body - waves of nausea even now - but its the Sox only hope.

Way, way too early to start with that thought process. Give this team another 40 games, and then you can start possibly considering this.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
So you want to move the guy from 2nd who is hitting, so you can keep the guy at SS who is hitting like crap. How about we move Ramirez to CF as he will be there when Beckham comes up next year. Nix can field the ball with the best of them, he doesnt hit all that well. Hence why he was released by the Rockies.

Right now Ramirez is the best SS on the MLB club, and I'm not sure anyone is sold of Beckham's ability to play SS. Plus, he is actually starting to hit now.

Getz was said to be able to play the OF last year as well, and Nix showed he has some GG caliber D at second. Plus, he had the best approach and AB's of anyone on the team tonight... however, with the lineup we put out there tonight, that's like being the tallest midget.

Right now I'd rather keep Ramirez at SS and see how Getz does in CF rather than Ramirez in CF with Getz/Lillibridge/Nix at SS.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2009 -> 03:52 AM)
Does Nix play SS? I really liked his bat.

Honestly, can't see why he wouldn't be able to at a semi-decent level. It's not like Alexei is giving us anything significant defensively at SS (his range to his left is good, to his right is terrible). With Getz showing that he can definitely be a 2nd baseman at the MLB level, KW's going to have to make a decision sooner than later about where Alexei's going to play and where Beckham will play when he comes up.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 4, 2009 -> 02:52 AM)
Right now Ramirez is the best SS on the MLB club, and I'm not sure anyone is sold of Beckham's ability to play SS. Plus, he is actually starting to hit now.

Getz was said to be able to play the OF last year as well, and Nix showed he has some GG caliber D at second. Plus, he had the best approach and AB's of anyone on the team tonight... however, with the lineup we put out there tonight, that's like being the tallest midget.

Right now I'd rather keep Ramirez at SS and see how Getz does in CF rather than Ramirez in CF with Getz/Lillibridge/Nix at SS.

Getz's value as a 2nd baseman is so much more than as a CF. People need to realize that certain players on our team can only be considered above average players if they're at a particular situation. If you put Beckham at 3B, his offense can no longer be considered a plus.

Nix has almost no experience at SS in his career...Getz has played SS (a little, but he lacks the arm for regular play), 3B and the outfield a little bit, I think it was predominantly LF.

Lillibridge had two hits tonight, which is more than I can say for the likes of Josh Fields. I think there are still significant concerns about Fields being an everyday player.

In that case, I'd almost rather see Getz at 3B and Nix at 2B. For those counting on Fields hitting 20+ homers this season, whatever he's changed in his approach, he's still striking out and just swinging and missing an extraordinary amount for an opposite field singles hitter.

It would be fine if Fields was going to put up Brandon Inge numbers this year, but I think he won't come close offensively, and certainly not from a defensively standpoint.

As for throwing in the towel because we look pathetic and we're facing Greinke tomorrow without Dye, some people here really need to snap out of it. We were 14-15 at this point last season, and the division exhibits even more parity that last season even. Unless something dramatic happens (like Dontrelle Willis returning to Cy Young form), then any team can win this division, with the possible exception of Cleveland.

Cleveland just seems to have too many holes in their rotation and middle relief to be taken seriously at this time.

Our defense didn't help at all...Fields had a ball go right past him he didn't make a play on, Lillibridge is an embarassment in CF (from all standpoints) and Betemit can't even seem to play 1B at an "adequate" level. There's just no reason at all he shouldn't have snared that ball Nix threw from deep in the hole. None.

Edited by caulfield12

No no no! You traded Swisher to get Betemit as a possible replacement for Josh Fields if he struggled. If you don't play Betemit at 3rd base then, it makes a terrible trade even worse. Getz doesn't have the arm to play 3rd base.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 3, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)

So based on one game of watching Mr Nix, you are ready to reassign our 2nd baseman who is hitting over 300. I guess sample size means nothing.

And who are these people that are not sold on Beckham's ability to play SS. Well besides you and Caufield. You realize he is playing that position in the minors right, and that sometimes people get better as they go through the system.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2009 -> 04:02 AM)
Our defense didn't help at all...Fields had a ball go right past him he didn't make a play on, Lillibridge is an embarassment in CF (from all standpoints) and Betemit can't even seem to play 1B at an "adequate" level. There's just no reason at all he shouldn't have snared that ball Nix threw from deep in the hole. None.

When did Fields not make a play?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 02:08 AM)
So Ozzie wants Getz to get some playing time at 3rd base in the upcoming weeks. Shouldn't we worry a lot more about CF than 3B, a position that Betemit can play?

Rate the off season moves now