electric razors

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 05:59 AM)
About a quarter inch of your whiskers.

It was the smell of the razor(you know, that electric/burnt hair smell) and the pulled hairs out of my face that made me a permanent user of regular razors

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 4, 2009 -> 06:21 AM)
It was the smell of the razor(you know, that electric/burnt hair smell) and the pulled hairs out of my face that made me a permanent user of regular razors

That too.

And I found they sent whiskers all over the place, so I had to stand in the shower to use it anyway.

I actually use both, an electric razor and a regular razor when I shave.

...actually, my "electric razor" isn't really an electric razor, it's one of those things that is called a "beard trimmer".

Anyway, what I do is I use my beard trimmer for my sideburns, moustache, and goatee, plus my cheeks. But I use the old-fashioned razor for everything below my jawline/neck area.

Basically: everything above jawline= beard trimmer, everything below jawlone= old razor.

I don't remember the name of the beard trimmer I use, but it saves me a lot of time and it's more precice with trimming a sideburn line than a regular razor can ever do.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)
I actually use both, an electric razor and a regular razor when I shave.

...actually, my "electric razor" isn't really an electric razor, it's one of those things that is called a "beard trimmer".

Anyway, what I do is I use my beard trimmer for my sideburns, moustache, and goatee, plus my cheeks. But I use the old-fashioned razor for everything below my jawline/neck area.

Basically: everything above jawline= beard trimmer, everything below jawlone= old razor.

I don't remember the name of the beard trimmer I use, but it saves me a lot of time and it's more precice with trimming a sideburn line than a regular razor can ever do.

Well yeah, I use clippers/beard trimmers when I am trying to make my sideburns look passable(or goatee/beard when I feel like it)

I assumed this conversation was about using a razor to shave your hair off, not trimming up your facial hair.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 04:58 AM)
The only way to shave: in the shower. If you haven't tried it, do it for a week. You'll thank me later.

Which of course means, no electrics, thank you very much. :lolhitting

I agree.

The reason its so nice to shave in the shower is the heat/steam opens your pores. I learned that from "Lost" like 3-4 seasons ago (in the hatch), and haven't looked back since.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2009 -> 07:43 AM)
I agree.

The reason its so nice to shave in the shower is the heat/steam opens your pores. I learned that from "Lost" like 3-4 seasons ago (in the hatch), and haven't looked back since.

You learned how to shave from watching a TV show?

I guess that is no sillier than learning about shaving from SoxTalk.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 06:46 AM)
You learned how to shave from watching a TV show?

I guess that is no sillier than learning about shaving from SoxTalk.

No, I learned that reasoning behind that method from watching a TV show.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 05:58 AM)
The only way to shave: in the shower. If you haven't tried it, do it for a week. You'll thank me later.

Which of course means, no electrics, thank you very much. :lolhitting

Norelco makes an electric shaver that works in the shower. It also spits out this lotion stuff that gives you a better cut. I have never shaved with anything other than an electric shaver and it works out fine for me.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 06:59 AM)
About a quarter inch of your whiskers.

That's probably true. But I just got this shaver so I have to get my monies worth.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 4, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
Why go electric when you can get 5 blades!

And hilariously, that happened. And so did six. I know because I own one.

Pretty soon razors are going to be the size of your entire face, and have approximtely 237 blades. You'll just put it on your face, push the whole thing down and inch, and you're done.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 4, 2009 -> 09:29 AM)
And hilariously, that happened. And so did six. I know because I own one.

Pretty soon razors are going to be the size of your entire face, and have approximtely 237 blades. You'll just put it on your face, push the whole thing down and inch, and you're done.

:lolhitting that reminds me of a MAD Tv skit. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 3, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
What is the best electric razor you have used/are using?

They suck. I love my Gillette Mach 3. They got me good with that free razor they mailed me on my 18th birthday. Maybe electrics work for people that don't have real facial hair, but if you have it, they are terrible. Or at least I've never found one that works good.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2009 -> 05:43 AM)
I agree.

Do you all have mirrors in the shower or something? How the heck can you shave without looking in the mirror. I at least need the mirror when I'm trimming around my sideburns, which I keep very thin.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
Do you all have mirrors in the shower or something? How the heck can you shave without looking in the mirror. I at least need the mirror when I'm trimming around my sideburns, which I keep very thin.

get a plastic shower mirror at a dollar store.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 5, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)

Yes. You can get cheap plastic ones that attach to the wall or door of the shower, or get the fancy ones that hook to the water and cycle it behind the mirror (keeps it from fogging).