OK, put the cell phones down for a second!

Steve9347

Last week, my brother went to the Sox doubleheader vs the Mariners. At the end of an inning, Brian Anderson throws the ball to the fans. My brother realized that he was within reach, so he gets up, and attempts to go for the ball. However, his efforts where thwarted by his friend Mike's outstretched legs, who wasn't paying attention to the game, but instead, texting on his phone.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
Is it just me, or have people completely crossed the line with their cell phones? I know it's been this way for awhile, but I remember a time when taking a call or looking at s*** on your cell while you were at family functions, a party, dinner, etc was considered bad manners.

I've got so many friends and family members who sit there staring at their cell phones while in a group... be they texting, or surfing the Web, or posting on f***ing Facebook. It's really out of hand.

I've made a conscious effort to look at my phone less... but you almost feel less popular if you aren't texting every one of your friends every f***ing detail of your night and where you'll be... it's unbelievably annoying.

Anyway, share your stories in this thread of cell phone rudeness and annoyance.

Maybe I just lead a boring life but I just can't understand this need to put the details of every second of your life on the internet somewhere. I guess that's why I don't understand twitter either.

The only time I'm on a computer is when I'm at work. I usually like to do other stuff when I'm at home.

I also can't imagine how much battery life it takes to spend that much time on your phone either. I only have to charge mine once every 3 or 4 days. Sometimes I can make it last longer.

at lunch yesterday i was with my mom, dad and brother, and ALL 3 were on their respective phones as soon as we sat down. I was like... wow...

this coming from my dad who used to yell at me for looking at my phone at dinner - AT HOME - much less at a restaurant.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 11, 2009 -> 12:26 AM)
Graduation and cell phones going off everywhere, students on the floor messaging and calling, one person was talking all the way to just before the stage. :angry:

pssh. I'm going to live tweet my graduation. Take that GRAMPS

QUOTE (bmags @ May 10, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)
pssh. I'm going to live tweet my graduation. Take that GRAMPS

I was texting my fam, but stopped as soon as we stood up :lolhitting and I was discreet.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:53 PM)
I think you guys are blowing this way out of proportion...

Sent from my iphone

I agree, and I typed this message from my Sidekick3 phone, and all 400-something messages I posted on Soxtalk are from my cellphone.

Plus, my girlfriend and I send each other about 100-200 text messages a day. I use text messages instead of actually calling people because I can't hear on phones too well.