5/5 Game Thread ➔ Sox @ Royals

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2009 -> 11:06 PM)
Mike Jacobs...yes, 450 feet or so.

The other 2 hits, off the end of the bat up the middle by Teahen, and a broken bat by Guillen.

Has Gavin been giving up hits off of the fastball or offspeed?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
According to Gameday, all of them were off the fastball.

I really wish he'd start using his curveball a lot more often. No reason to not use your #1 pitch (by a mile) more often.

Guillen used to have a great arm...ten years ago, Cox doesn't dream of sending him.

Good job getting the ball into the air, Scott. He's been better offensively than I expected at this point in his career...as long as Ozzie doesn't try to play him in RF.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
I really wish he'd start using his curveball a lot more often. No reason to not use your #1 pitch (by a mile) more often.

The Teahen single was on the 1st pitch, Guillen had a 2-0 count, and Jacobs had a 2-1 count, so he was possibly trying to throw a strike on all of those cases. No curve balls in any of those AB's though.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 5, 2009 -> 11:19 PM)
Pods offense has never really been an issue it is the defense.

With the power in the line-up already. Pods at DH makes sense to me. He seems to be more aggresive than when he left.

Pods at DH? WHAT?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:19 PM)

With the power in the line-up already. Pods at DH makes sense to me. He seems to be more aggresive than when he left.

His defense and the fact that his legs are made of whatever Mike Brown's legs are made of.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)

You really want to sit Thome for Pods?

More likely, Pods would be splitting time with Anderson...although some here won't/wouldn't like that.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:21 PM)
Pods at DH? WHAT?

If he is hitting .300 aqnd getting on at a .375 clip f*** the OPS and rest of the crap he is what they need and DH would be his best spot.

I am not saying replace Thome but if THome is injured put him in there.

There is enough power from every other spot in the line-up when Anderson is in center.