5/5 Game Thread ➔ Sox @ Royals

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:01 PM)
Because MLB hitters can hit a 95 mph fastball over the plate, especially when they don't have to look for anything else. Callapso turned around Thornton's fastball, and they immediately changed location and tried to paint the outside corner.

I mean were looking at there number 9 in Aviles and he starts him off 3-0 because he wont just go after him and his .211 avg

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
if you're not going to ask guys like Thome, Konerko, Dye to bunt, don't ask alexei to do it either

his mindset is along the same as theirs, power power power

Alexei is hitting under the mendoza line and then some. Asking him to bunt to help the team shouldn't be asking too much, especially since I'm sure that he's well aware how bad he's been so far this year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 6, 2009 -> 01:07 AM)
Alexei is hitting under the mendoza line and then some. Asking him to bunt to help the team shouldn't be asking too much, especially since I'm sure that he's well aware how bad he's been so far this year.

Alexei's batting .215, I believe.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)
Getz won't get a lot of playing time against LHP with an AB like that. That was a horrendous at bat.

We have seen way too many of those from our hitters. All we needed was something to get the runner in and they always K

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)

Thome .221

Alexei .216

I've never seen Thome lay a bunt down

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:10 PM)
Getz won't get a lot of playing time against LHP with an AB like that. That was a horrendous at bat.

They are going to lose this game.

The Sox need to stop swinging at pitches they can not do anything with. I have been saying for the last two years that they swing at pitches they can do nothing with when they are ahead in the count. You don't need ot swing at every strike.