I think we should bring up Beckham immediately

dabears32

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2009 -> 03:54 AM)
Absolutely terrible comparison. I dare you to name 2 guys in the last 15 years to play less than 40 games in the minors that got called up and had an immediate impact.

Well i cant name 2, but close lol.

Ryan Zimmerman played 67 games then dominated.

Chad Cordero pitched in 19 games then dominated.

I'd like to see Beckham, Flowers, Allen, and Viciedo play 140 games together this year, and then maybe a Southern League championship.

The Sox aren't going to win diddly squat unless they pitch...and for now, they're not pitching well enough to be a contender. Beckham coming up now won't help the pitching, and quite frankly, he's just not ready to play everyday in the big leagues. I think if he has a great AA season, then you clear a spot for him and he's in the opening day lineup next year.

Found this interesting chart on someone's blog:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/ou...ornumbers-1.jpg

I have no idea how complete this list is, but by my count Beckham has had 235 NCAA/MiLB games - that would put him second only to Pujols on this list.

As excited as I am to see Beckham in Chicago - I think we need to leave him down in AA this season. Let him come up in September so we can see if he is ready and if so give him a shot at making the roster next spring.

QUOTE (whitesox32 @ May 6, 2009 -> 03:23 AM)
Alright we've had this discussion a million times, but right now it really is not a discussion. I feel like I'm watching a minor league team right now. Can anyone honestly tell me Brent Lillibridge is better than Beckham? Move Alexei to center and put Becks at short. I think he can have the same impact Longoria did for the Rays last year. SUCK IT UP OZZIE AND BRING UP BECKHAM!

You don't bring up Beckham to be a role player off the bench. Nix and Getz can handle the IF issues and hopefully Ramirez starts to hit and stays at SS. Gordon will get his chance just not now

Edited by elrockinMT