Ozzie with his usual empty threats after loss like this

caulfield12

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'm all for tough love. But Ozzie needs to realize we're not exactly the Red Sox. We don't have a neverending inventory of quality players, be it pitchers or hitters, waiting in the wings to replace guys who are underperforming.

I think that is the best thing I've read about the matter.

I don't want to see Lexi out more than a game or two, because we don't have decent big league players waiting in the wings. Nix is not going to be the answer at ss. He just isn't.

I think Ozzie's greatest strength as a manager is that he absolutely, positively HATES to lose. None of them want to lose, mind you, but not many are willing to reveal the depths of their anger and frustration like Ozzie does, or even Pinella. Some might criticize them for mirroring the feelings of fans; I applaud it.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
Soxtalk and SSers rules!!! :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

I agree with the above sentiment (i'd add Soxmachine their too), but i feel like South Side Sox has a lot of unrealized potential too. When i look at the content that sites like Athletics Nation, LoneStar Ball and even Bleed Cubbie Blue generates i can't help, but wish that SouthSide Sox could be a little more indepth too. For one, i wouldn't mind a more broader discussion on prospects, like what we have in future Sox, and also, i'd prefer the comments discussion to be a little less deadspin, and a little more informative.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
Which was the board that "outed" ncorgbl from chisox.com?

I remember arguing with that guy for about four years over there, b4 I knew about any other Sox message boards...sometimes I wonder what happened to him. There was another guy, colsat46, I think he died (he was a military veteran)? The thing I find funny is that the core debate, defending or attacking KW, I've totally changed my viewpoint about Williams in the years since.

Memories.

I tried posting at wsi for awhile, but one of my best friends had joined and then a group of people jumped all over him for something silly (having to do with music, of all things) and when he got banned there by groupthink/Big Brother/Animal Farm, so I found soxtalk.

It's amazing how much more peaceful this sight is...and it's not this "insider's club" like over there where if you don't know anyone who runs the board personally you're in danger of being banned or flamed. Then that whole stupid teal thing...I mean, 25-30% of the posts there were things that most casual fans would never even begin to understand.

Leading to the "it's not about Free Speech or First Amendment...it's OUR board" type discussions. Which is fine, they can have it.

JimH, is that you?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2009 -> 06:38 AM)
They 100% disallow discussions of certain Sox topics, such as attendence, or media treatment of the Sox. That is a little over the top, IMO.

But like I said, I understand where some of it comes from. They have a wider audience than we do (though not much), and tend to be a first stop for fans out there, so they'll tend to get more losers that they have to deal with.

I have to admit, I haven't browsed their website in over a year, so perhaps restrictions on posting content have been lightened; but for a time from 2003-2007 it was unbearable.

Someone needs to check to see whether "Bmac" is still under a language filter. I believe in the past it was replaced with the word "hamburger" or something ridiculous. I have no idea why they did this, but I recall someone questioning this and they were banned.

Ultimately, we're all Sox fans, WSI or Soxtalk, and that fact doesn't escape me. What is irritating to me, and others have mentioned this, is when the administrators take a concerted effort to censor content. And not content that is offensive, but posts that are overly negative. There are no restrictions for those fans on the opposite end of the spectrum who can be equally as annoying.

And also really untrue. I have been a member of both boards and I don't get the hate. I have never seen venom spewed about this board over there? There are some really smart Sox people over there, and some really great Sox historians.

And if you follow the rules you will not get banned, regardless of your opinion. There are some people ,on both boards, that are really outspoken and at times obnoxious. But, thats been the case on every message board I've ever posted at.

Except there are a handful of people I know who have been banned for making an opinion against the popular opinion such as Canada is stupid, KW made a bad trade, Erstad shouldn't being playing over BA, and the Oakland A's are a good team which is why they are in the playoffs along with other stupid s*** that the admins don't agree with. Hell, 1 person got banned for a week for implying that Emmitt Smith may have been a better running back than Walter Payton.

I have to admit, I haven't browsed their website in over a year, so perhaps restrictions on posting content have been lightened; but for a time from 2003-2007 it was unbearable.

Someone needs to check to see whether "Bmac" is still under a language filter. I believe in the past it was replaced with the word "hamburger" or something ridiculous. I have no idea why they did this, but I recall someone questioning this and they were banned.

Ultimately, we're all Sox fans, WSI or Soxtalk, and that fact doesn't escape me. What is irritating to me, and others have mentioned this, is when the administrators take a concerted effort to censor content. And not content that is offensive, but posts that are overly negative. There are no restrictions for those fans on the opposite end of the spectrum who can be equally as annoying.

Bmac was transformed into "Fingernails on a blackboard" even though McCarthy's dad said on this board that was his nickname and Brandon was a registered user with the name "BMAC3520." At one point Oakland A's turned into "Scum laden A's." "Book it" is turned into "I'm tired of this stupid expression" or something. "FOUJ" (friends of uncle jerry) was banned because the people who held an opinion against management while the Sox were spinning their wheels in mud were using it. I was warned that "GMAFB" was considered a language filter evasion, to which I asked "How do you know I wasn't saying 'freakin?'" The mod said it he should have known better than to "place nice" with me and eventually it became *****. Same thing with "WTF" (***.)

I know it's way off topic at this point, but sillyness of that site is embarassing considering most visiting fans consider it the #1 white sox fan site.

At least here we can actually have a discussion involving stats or how a minor leaguer could currently contribute to the team.

QUOTE (shakes @ May 7, 2009 -> 03:39 AM)
And also really untrue. I have been a member of both boards and I don't get the hate. I have never seen venom spewed about this board over there? There are some really smart Sox people over there, and some really great Sox historians.

And if you follow the rules you will not get banned, regardless of your opinion. There are some people ,on both boards, that are really outspoken and at times obnoxious. But, thats been the case on every message board I've ever posted at.

Afraid this just isn't true. I posted over there years ago and was banned when Mags signed with the Tigers, because I said KW would regret this decision to not sign him. A mod banned me. I didn't use foul language or attack another poster, just posted an opinion (which, of course, proved to be wrong!). Mods on power trips are a drag, anywhere you go.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:25 AM)
WSI blows

whitesox.com forums blow

Soxtalk and SSers rules!!! :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

I went to southsiders (forgot it exisited) when i saw this post, first time i checked it out in at least a year and a half. Some things never change, as it sure is it's same creepy self.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2009 -> 11:43 AM)
I agree with the above sentiment (i'd add Soxmachine their too), but i feel like South Side Sox has a lot of unrealized potential too. When i look at the content that sites like Athletics Nation, LoneStar Ball and even Bleed Cubbie Blue generates i can't help, but wish that SouthSide Sox could be a little more indepth too. For one, i wouldn't mind a more broader discussion on prospects, like what we have in future Sox, and also, i'd prefer the comments discussion to be a little less deadspin, and a little more informative.

Sox machine is very good soley because of the minor league pieces every day, but i will take t3h cheat 8 days of the week. There is not doubt in my mind that t3h cheat is the more knowledgeable of the two.

I went to southsiders (forgot it exisited) when i saw this post, first time i checked it out in at least a year and a half. Some things never change, as it sure is it's same creepy self.

Been running strong since 05... always growing. Will never surpass this place, but the niche it has carved is truly impressive!! (not being big helps with server costs)

Edited by DanksFan