Lillibridge the leader to go back to Charlotte

southsider2k5

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...soxnt06.article

Charlotte bound?

Guillen said outfielder Brian Anderson (strained right oblique) is on schedule to return from the 15-day disabled list on time but likely will have a short rehab stint in Charlotte to get a few at-bats.

When Anderson is ready to return, the Sox likely will have to choose between Brent Lillibridge or Jayson Nix, and Nix is the favorite.

''[Nix has] had great at-bats,'' Guillen said. ''Every at-bat he's had so far, even if he failed, he fought for it. He's seen some pretty good pitching, but I don't know yet. I have to see when Brian comes back what exactly we need at that particular time. What's more important is what we need at that time.''

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2009 -> 06:13 AM)
We just have to pray BA has no setbacks... if he comes back after Wise (I don't know when he's due for return), then we'll have to suffer through that some more.

BA has gone from the guy responsible for the economic crash, swine flu, hurricanes, earthquakes, to White Sox savior almost overnight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2009 -> 06:13 AM)
We just have to pray BA has no setbacks... if he comes back after Wise (I don't know when he's due for return), then we'll have to suffer through that some more.

Anywhere from late May to mid-June, depending on how he does with his rehab one would imagine.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2009 -> 06:18 AM)
BA has gone from the guy responsible for the economic crash, swine flu, hurricanes, earthquakes, to White Sox savior almost overnight.

Wait until he has an 0-fer night. Then he will be eating children again

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 6, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)
Maybe Ozzie will find a way to send BA to Charlotte for some rehab ABs, and somehow keep him down there!!

OK, maybe not, I just enjoy keeping the "Ozzie hates BA" mess going.

That was the first thing that I thought when I read this. :lol:

Pods has done the job and actually collecting few hits ... Lili on the otherhand has been overmatched

One thing I will always appreciate about Pods is that he's always been a patient hitter. Sure he looks at a lot of strikeouts, but most of our guys swing and miss at them.

I could see Lilli maybe fitting in on an NL squad as a last bench player, but in the AL, no way. In terms of Betemeit, I like him as a hitter but he's so freaking bad in the field from what I've seen that I'm hard pressed to use him in anything other than a DH role. And right now Thome is the guy and I'm not so certain that I'd want Betemeit as a full time DH anyway. He's not that good of a hitter.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 6, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
It's really simple, even more simple than Brent Lillibridge's complete and utter ineptitude. Jayson Nix is out of options and Lillibridge still has two.

That does make it simpler, but really Lillibridge is a reserve player and has been thrust into a starting role where he hasn't shined

It's really simple, even more simple than Brent Lillibridge's complete and utter ineptitude. Jayson Nix is out of options and Lillibridge still has two.

...and Javier Vazquez has been pitching poorer of late so if a reporter asks why Vazquez was traded without a major league contributor for 2009 in the trade ack, he can simply say "addition by subtraction" or some other cliche.