Line Up For May

soxfan-kwman

The only change you made was moving Lexi up to leadoff, Getz to 2, and Fields down the order.

I'm all for moving Fields down and Lexi up, but... why not put Alexei at the 2 slot? Getz is doing quite well leading off, doing all the things you'd want him to do. You'd put Alexei in a better position to succeed if you put him in the 2 slot: he'll see more fastballs hitting between Getz and TCQ, you'd force him to stop pulling the ball so much (which he needs), and give him protection. Leading him off makes no sense.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
The only change you made was moving Lexi up to leadoff, Getz to 2, and Fields down the order.

I'm all for moving Fields down and Lexi up, but... why not put Alexei at the 2 slot? Getz is doing quite well leading off, doing all the things you'd want him to do. You'd put Alexei in a better position to succeed if you put him in the 2 slot: he'll see more fastballs hitting between Getz and TCQ, you'd force him to stop pulling the ball so much (which he needs), and give him protection. Leading him off makes no sense.

But don't you want a higher OBP in the 2nd hole? Which is what Fields brings, for now.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
But don't you want a higher OBP in the 2nd hole? Which is what Fields brings, for now.

No, I want that leading off. I mean, the 2nd hitter should be too, but ALSO should be a good situational hitter. Alexei was that last year, but isn't now, so its ideal for him to recover his form in that role.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)

Also, forgot to add, Alexei has real power, as we saw last year. Better for him to hit with someone in front of him getting on base, like a leadoff guy with a highish OBP. Getz isn't a guy who is as likely to drive in runs.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
Also, forgot to add, Alexei has real power, as we saw last year. Better for him to hit with someone in front of him getting on base, like a leadoff guy with a highish OBP. Getz isn't a guy who is as likely to drive in runs.

FINE! Stop flaming! And yelling at me!!! I GET IT!!!

Sorry...been on this board too long. :lolhitting