Sad story about Former Sox 3B Greg Norton

Wow, I never knew that. Awful, simply awful. Norton might not have been as good of a ball player as I thought he might end up being, but I always have cheered for him and one of the things etched in my mind from watching baseball as a kid were the Nawton...Your the Greatest calls.

So with that in mind...Nawton, your the greatest :)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
Wow, I never knew that. Awful, simply awful. Norton might not have been as good of a ball player as I thought he might end up being, but I always have cheered for him and one of the things etched in my mind from watching baseball as a kid were the Nawton...Your the Greatest calls.

So with that in mind...Nawton, your the greatest :)

i don't even think of him as greg nor-ton. it's just always nawton. really sad stuff. I've always liked the guy.

This was reported in the Trib and Southtown back in the late '90s. Really sad stuff.

I played "catch" with Norton (and James Baldwin) from my hotel room window in the Skydome back in '98, and will never forget that. It's nice to see that a guy can overcome such a screwed-up family situation to not only play major league ball, but be a decent person as well.

I remember reading that story and how messed up it was. I always have been a Nawton fan, i thought he was going to have a great season in 2000 before he tore up his knee, but that injury brought us the milkman, who i also became a fan of.

Greg has turned himself into a good role player, i am still glad to see that!