Tigers @ White Sox 7:11pm WCIU-HD

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
FWIW, it hasn't been raining here in the Quad Cities for at least two hours.

Quad Cities??

What are you doing in the Quad Cities?

Did you take a wrong turn at Chiang Mai?

QUOTE (scenario @ May 6, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Quad Cities??

What are you doing in the Quad Cities?

Did you take a wrong turn at Chiang Mai?

I had "summer" vacation (summer there is March/April/May) from my teaching job, have to go back on May 27th.

Am going to Sox/Twins game on the 21st (Thursday day game). Had the chance to go to Comerica for the first time last Saturday and it's a really nice stadium.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 6, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
Anyone else here that LT guy talking about how Thome should lay down a bunt? Entertaining radio.

Really, if there's no one on base, the shift is on, and he thinks he can run it out, why not put one down the third base line? It's a 2.000 OPS play if he gets it past the pitcher. I think I saw Ortiz do it a couple years ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
Can't catch a f***ing break with pitching match-ups. We won't see Miner this series now. I wonder if Ozzie will skip Jose's start on Friday vs a Rangers team that demolished him.

I made a joke of this in the game thread last night but the late arrival last night and the fact the bullpen was taxed this isn't a bad thing.

Miner can just as easily shut them out as Garallaga.

Really, if there's no one on base, the shift is on, and he thinks he can run it out, why not put one down the third base line? It's a 2.000 OPS play if he gets it past the pitcher. I think I saw Ortiz do it a couple years ago.

I just think it's dumb when there's a runner on third in a tie game and the shift is on in the late innings that he doesn't consider just making contact with the ball and slapping it to the left side.

There's one infielder between third and second base and it's a tie game with a runner on third where if we score we win.

I know what he is is a HR guy, but I don't quite understand why in that case you wouldn't just hit it that way and win the game.

I guess that's why he gets paid the big bucks and I'm just a second guesser.