Wieters and Price

GoodAsGould

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ May 7, 2009 -> 12:57 AM)
Its past the arbitration cutoff for either of them to be elgible, so why are they both still not on the big league team?

From some early reports I had heard, Price wasn't throwing very well.

Price isnt throwing that well but they're only keeping him in like 4 innings a game to keep his innings down no matter how good he is throwing in a certain game. They'll call him up when they feel he can go 7IP every start without throwing too many innings.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:14 AM)
Price isnt throwing that well but they're only keeping him in like 4 innings a game to keep his innings down no matter how good he is throwing in a certain game. They'll call him up when they feel he can go 7IP every start without throwing too many innings.

I've just heard quick snips on MLB Net and BBTN about him not throwing as well as they would like, but I haven't heard any in depth. Do you know if his stuff isn't up to snuff or is he just having control problems?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:32 AM)
I've just heard quick snips on MLB Net and BBTN about him not throwing as well as they would like, but I haven't heard any in depth. Do you know if his stuff isn't up to snuff or is he just having control problems?

No I've just heard what my CBS sports is telling me because he is on my fantasy team.

• 3 weeks later...

Price to pitch Monday or Tuesday (Kerkjin on ESPN said the specific day, just slipped my mind and I know that's not how it's spelled, but my brain is just not firing today) and likely stay up. He said past the arbitration issue the Rays had concerns about his pitch efficiency per inning, something like 17-18 average per inning in the minors last year, and that is the baseball reason they started him down there.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:11 AM)
Jones, Markakis and now Wieters. That's not a bad 3-some to build around.

Tillman will be up later this year, and Matusz and Arietta should folllow in 2010. They could end up being pretty dangerous, especially if they keep getting what they are out of Rich Hill.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:49 AM)
Tillman will be up later this year, and Matusz and Arietta should folllow in 2010. They could end up being pretty dangerous, especially if they keep getting what they are out of Rich Hill.

They say green is the color of envy? Well call me Oscar the f***ing Grouch. The O's have a chance to be pretty special in the next 2-3 years.

I love it. I've had someone pounding down my door for Victor Martinez, and I told him the moment I heard this news he'd be on the table.

So, now that Wieters will be called up, I have him.

I sent off Victor Martinez, Vernon Wells, and CC Sabathia (I also have Matt Cain, Dan Haren, Johan Santana, Mark Buehrle, John Danks).

I got back Adrian Gonzalez and Ryan Braun.

We'll see how Wieters hits, but this is awesome news.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 27, 2009 -> 02:30 AM)
They say green is the color of envy? Well call me Oscar the f***ing Grouch. The O's have a chance to be pretty special in the next 2-3 years.

yeah, but look at the Barons, that should make you somewhat happy! Also with the 4 picks coming up in the draft the Sox have a chance to be deep real quick, and if we know KW, those are ALL trading pawns!!! Seriously, I hope KW has the opportunity to take one or two guys who dropped due to signability and just crush this draft.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2009 -> 08:55 AM)
I love it. I've had someone pounding down my door for Victor Martinez, and I told him the moment I heard this news he'd be on the table.

So, now that Wieters will be called up, I have him.

I sent off Victor Martinez, Vernon Wells, and CC Sabathia (I also have Matt Cain, Dan Haren, Johan Santana, Mark Buehrle, John Danks).

I got back Adrian Gonzalez and Ryan Braun.

We'll see how Wieters hits, but this is awesome news.

you can make up so much ground if you have a quality catcher in fantasy. Molina was awesome up until the last 2 weeks, but I have Posada on my bench who is ready to come off the DL for next week.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
you can make up so much ground if you have a quality catcher in fantasy. Molina was awesome up until the last 2 weeks, but I have Posada on my bench who is ready to come off the DL for next week.

I have Mauer.