Wieters and Price

GoodAsGould

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
I have Mauer.

yeah, so you're on a completely different level. I read an article that if you don't get one of the top catchers (I believe this year it was Mauer, Molina, Martin, Posada, Soto and a 2-3 I'm completely forgetting), then you're better off just drafting a catcher with your last pick or two because past those coming into the season, obviously Soto and Martin have dissapointed, every other catcher is basically the same.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
yeah, so you're on a completely different level. I read an article that if you don't get one of the top catchers (I believe this year it was Mauer, Molina, Martin, Posada, Soto and a 2-3 I'm completely forgetting), then you're better off just drafting a catcher with your last pick or two because past those coming into the season, obviously Soto and Martin have dissapointed, every other catcher is basically the same.

...and Victor Martinez whom everyone ignored and I stole in every league is #2 behind Mauer.

Now I just hope my trading him at the peak of his value and relying on Wieters doesn't backfire. It shouldn't.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2009 -> 12:30 PM)
...and Victor Martinez whom everyone ignored and I stole in every league is #2 behind Mauer.

Now I just hope my trading him at the peak of his value and relying on Wieters doesn't backfire. It shouldn't.

I have Chris Ianette and have waited on Wieters. It turned out to be a pretty good problem to have. The timing of Ianetta's injury has worked out magnificently.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 27, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
yeah, but look at the Barons, that should make you somewhat happy! Also with the 4 picks coming up in the draft the Sox have a chance to be deep real quick, and if we know KW, those are ALL trading pawns!!! Seriously, I hope KW has the opportunity to take one or two guys who dropped due to signability and just crush this draft.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our prospects at AA. Like the saying goes...Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice (or in the case of a highly touted White Sox prospect, it's more like fool me 150 times) shame on me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 27, 2009 -> 08:55 AM)
I love it. I've had someone pounding down my door for Victor Martinez, and I told him the moment I heard this news he'd be on the table.

So, now that Wieters will be called up, I have him.

I sent off Victor Martinez, Vernon Wells, and CC Sabathia (I also have Matt Cain, Dan Haren, Johan Santana, Mark Buehrle, John Danks).

I got back Adrian Gonzalez and Ryan Braun.

We'll see how Wieters hits, but this is awesome news.

Um, you straight butt-f***ed whoever that was in that deal.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2009 -> 05:51 PM)
Rain in Baltimore... the only thing that can stop Wieters is God

Ha, well done.

6:30 CT start. It's moments like this I'm glad I conned Comcast into giving me MLB Extra Innings for free...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 29, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
Little over an hour until the major league debut of Matt Wieters, I'm oddly excited for this occasion.

I'm pretty buzzed too. I imagine i'll have a similiar reaction when the Barons prospects start to emerge, or when Strasburg takes the hill for the Nationals.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 30, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
David Price has been fantastic today against the Twins.

Wouldn't know, Fox hates baseball fans. Good thing the Orioles are playing a night game, maybe Wieters can get a damn hit this time around.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 30, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
Steve, how did you get it for free?

Sorry, just noticed this. I found a reason to complain to Comcast (really had to search hard) and said I'd cancel and go with DirecTV if they didn't show me some sign that they appreciate me as a customer. I then demanded it for free, and sure enough they comped the whole damn season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
Sorry, just noticed this. I found a reason to complain to Comcast (really had to search hard) and said I'd cancel and go with DirecTV if they didn't show me some sign that they appreciate me as a customer. I then demanded it for free, and sure enough they comped the whole damn season.

yup, I've known people who have gotten full packages for like 1/2 price for a year because they threatned to bolt to either sat or cable