Manny Suspended 50 Games

Steve9347

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. Is there a reason he would be positive now rather than in previous seasons? If he's going to take something, why would he take something on the banned list?

What a heartbreaker, I was a big Manny fan and thought he was clean. What's clear now is that PED users WEREN'T gaining a competitive edge, because EVERYBODY was on the stuff. It's simply being ignorant to assume anybody was clean, even Thome, Frank, and Junior. They are all guility until proven innocent.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:19 AM)
Ramirez is expected to attribute the test results to medication received from a doctor for a personal medical issue, according to a source familiar with matter but not authorized to speak publicly.

Which of course is something we've never heard before and is totally believable.

Next we'll hear that he got a B-12 shot from someone else in the locker room.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:22 AM)
That's it! I'm f***ing done! Albert Pujols? I know this isn't fair. But I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that he's a cheater as well. Why the hell not at this point?

Did Jose Canseco say he was? I honestly don't remember.

QUOTE (Nunnigan @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:25 AM)
Frank is now the clear cut best hitter in the 90's (along with JR.), even if there wasn't any question about him being the best...

Whose to say he wasn't on steroids too? Everything we saw seems to be a farce anyways, nothing would surprise me anymore.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:23 AM)

Doesn't matter. I've had it with this s***. Pujols? Howard? Braun? Cabrera? I'm just going to automatically assume that at some point they cheated. No more benefit of the doubt crap anymore.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:23 AM)

Read through the actual LA Times article.

In an appearance at USC last month, Jose Canseco said Ramirez's name "is most likely, 90%" on a list of 104 players that failed a drug test in 2003. The players were promised anonymity for taking tests in 2003; Rodriguez is the only player that has been identified among that group.

Ramirez laughed when Times columnist Kurt Streeter relayed Canseco's allegation to him.

"I got no comment, nothing to say about that," Ramirez told Streeter. "What can I say? I don't even know the guy."

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
Whose to say he wasn't on steroids too? Everything we saw seems to be a farce anyways, nothing would surprise me anymore.

The only reason I trust Frank is because he was the only guy to talk to Congress about it voluntarily. Thomas, Jr., and Thome are about the only guys I hold out hope for. And if they come out as PED users, then I'll be sad, although it wouldn't entirely surprise me.