Manny Suspended 50 Games

Steve9347

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
Whose to say he wasn't on steroids too? Everything we saw seems to be a farce anyways, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Thing about Frank and Griffey is that they've been around so long that you would think something would've came out long before now if they had been doing something. There's hasn't even been an inkling of suspected usage by either of them. With that said, I agree that it's foolish to say any player (even my favorite player of all-time) is above any and all suspicion.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:30 AM)
Thing about Frank and Griffey is that they've been around so long that you would think something would've came out long before now if they had been doing something. There's hasn't even been an inkling of suspected usage by either of them. With that said, I agree that it's foolish to say any player (even my favorite player of all-time) is above any and all suspicion.

I agree that I don't THINK Frank or Griffey used them, but nobody is to be trusted anymore. As for Thome, I thought he was juicing in his younger days so I'd be a hypocrite to say he's clean now that he's on the Sox and I see he's a nice guy. Andy Pettitte seems like a great guy too and he was on the stuff.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
Whose to say he wasn't on steroids too? Everything we saw seems to be a farce anyways, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Seeing as how he's always been a big guy, and that he's always been outspoken against steroid use, I would think he would be clean. But yeah anything could be possible. It would be a sad day if Big Hurt tested positive for PEDs

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:27 AM)
Doesn't matter. I've had it with this s***. Pujols? Howard? Braun? Cabrera? I'm just going to automatically assume that at some point they cheated. No more benefit of the doubt crap anymore.

welcome to the club

QUOTE (shipps @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:33 AM)
What a blow to the Dodgers. They kinda had a special place in my heart for stomping the Cubs last year.

And as a baseball fan, not just a Sox fan, it saddens me that a team that has a chance to be pretty f***ing good is going to be severely hurt because of a cheater.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:36 AM)
And as a baseball fan, not just a Sox fan, it saddens me that a team that has a chance to be pretty f***ing good is going to be severely hurt because of a cheater.

This will make it enormously more difficult to cheer for the Dodgers to beat the Cubs's tails if they both make the playoffs again.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:38 AM)
wow, that sucks. The Dodgers catch a huge break that they're in that terrible NL West, they can tread water and wait for him to get back

The NL West isn't as bad as it was a year ago.

I wish I didn't love the Sox almost as much as I love my family (well not really, but you get the idea). Because at times I just want to quit baseball. I don't believe this s***. I've been a baseball addict for almost 20 years and I have to question every player I've ever seen in that time period. That's a pretty s***ty feeling.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:40 AM)
The NL West isn't as bad as it was a year ago.

The Dodgers will weather the storm for the 50 games without him and still win that division. And since the suspension is earlier in the year, Manny will be back and in rhythm by October, so I honestly don't think this will affect the Dodgers a great deal, other than Manny is now public enemy #1 outside of Dodger Stadium.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:41 AM)
I agree, the teams are stronger, but I stil think the Dodgers can weather this and be the favorites when he comes back.

Not disagreeing given the talent in their lineup and the fact that they have an extra OF anyway, but this is going to put a lot more pressure on a weak starting rotation. They'll probably have to do something to shore up the back end of it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:42 AM)
Palmeiro? He'd have been a for sure HOF had he not taken it.

Also, A-Rod didn't get suspended because the policy was in place but between the leaked test and he admitted something (I don't believe he admitted everything) IMO he was the first huge name to get beyond rumor

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2009 -> 07:42 AM)
Palmeiro? He'd have been a for sure HOF had he not taken it.

My bad. But Palmiero was on the down-side of his career. Manny's still producing.