Manny Suspended 50 Games

Steve9347

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
It's not like the Sox haven't had their fair share of probable users over the past 8 years, hell a couple of fan favorites get thrown out there quite often.

Cameron was caught correct? I know Belle and Cordero (NOT FAN FAVORITES have been caught), and i remember hearing something about James Baldwin and Roberto Hernandez, any confirmation?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
I'm sorry your hero has been exposed, I'm sure its tough for you, but name one person who has been suspended for 50 games that hasn't lost in the court of public opinion. There have been several who never had a positive test that have lost. Manny is cooked.

Yea i'm far from Manny's biggest fan but nice try.

There havent even been many who have tested positive. Two I can think of are JC Romero and Mike Cameron. Cameron didn't seem to catch any s*** and Romero actually had some supporters here in that thread that was started about him. So yea, that argument just about went out the window.

I do apologize that I am not as cynical about everything as you are though.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
It's not like the Sox haven't had their fair share of probable users over the past 8 years, hell a couple of fan favorites get thrown out there quite often.

I know. I was heartbroken when we heard about Jim Parque.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
So, for the couple Manny defenders in here...let's hypothetically assume Canseco is right again, and Manny's name is among the 104 from 2003.

Any opinion change?

Yes, absolutely.

But as it stands now, as is, no.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)
Cameron was caught correct? I know Belle and Cordero (NOT FAN FAVORITES have been caught), and i remember hearing something about James Baldwin and Roberto Hernandez, any confirmation?

Cameron got busted for stimulant use. Canseco has already thrown Magglio's name out there, that's 1.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2009 -> 01:46 PM)
Cameron got busted for stimulant use. Canseco has already thrown Magglio's name out there, that's 1.

When Magglio first started with the Tigers, Boers and Bernstein had KW on the radio, and said "I didn't know that knee surgery would make your foreams so much bigger?" KW gave his creepy little laugh, and said no comment. It was pretty obvious that KW completely agreed with this.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)

and if you want to look cryptically into statements, people have argued Ozzie's tirade against Mags, last year or in '07, hinted at it.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:43 AM)
Yea i'm far from Manny's biggest fan but nice try.

There havent even been many who have tested positive. Two I can think of are JC Romero and Mike Cameron. Cameron didn't seem to catch any s*** and Romero actually had some supporters here in that thread that was started about him. So yea, that argument just about went out the window.

I do apologize that I am not as cynical about everything as you are though.

Those 2 told everyone what it was they were busted for and tried to fight the suspension. Manny, who will probably say what it was once they can spin it enough to make it look like it really was nothing, won't even fight it. He's accepting the suspension and $8.3 million loss. Doesn't sound too innocent to me. But then again, he's been known to want a vacation in the middle of the season before, but usually wants them paid.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
and if you want to look cryptically into statements, people have argued Ozzie's tirade against Mags, last year or in '07, hinted at it.

That was 2005 I believe. And everyone knew what was going on.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)
When Magglio first started with the Tigers, Boers and Bernstein had KW on the radio, and said "I didn't know that knee surgery would make your foreams so much bigger?" KW gave his creepy little laugh, and said no comment. It was pretty obvious that KW completely agreed with this.

Considering KW offered Magglio a contract extension, if he agreed and knew, then he's just as guilty. Maggs was about 25 lbs. lighter his first year with the Tigers vs. his last with the White Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
Considering KW offered Magglio a contract extension, if he agreed and knew, then he's just as guilty. Maggs was about 25 lbs. lighter his first year with the Tigers vs. his last with the White Sox.

of course he knew. GMs know what's going on.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:53 AM)
his reputation is now ruined, just like mcgwire, sosa, bonds, palmeiro, clemens.

I honestly think it won't be that bad because I think he'll come back after these 50 games and destroy the NL again. Those guys didn't come back and perform at a top level after most of their stuff came out.

I'm not really interested in how well Ramirez plays when he returns this year, but I'm really interested to see what happens if he plays next year. The numbers could drop precipitously.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:55 AM)
Yep, wasn't their a famous Paul Depodesta email about Paul Lo Duca?

I just can't see how everyone, from owners to the players union, didn't know what was going on. That's why Uncle Bud's excuses always make me laugh.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:50 AM)
Those 2 told everyone what it was they were busted for and tried to fight the suspension. Manny, who will probably say what it was once they can spin it enough to make it look like it really was nothing, won't even fight it. He's accepting the suspension and $8.3 million loss. Doesn't sound too innocent to me. But then again, he's been known to want a vacation in the middle of the season before, but usually wants them paid.

Yes, those two fought the suspensions but still lost. Based on precedents set by MLB, it is almost impossible to have one of these types of suspensions tossed out. Therefore, why bother to fight it? He might as well serve the suspension now and come back as soon as possible to help the Dodgers compete. Delaying the suspension period only hurts the Dodgers team. Also, this report came out what, 2 hours ago? You need to give a little time to react to this before comparing what Cameron/Romero did to what Manny is NOT doing. I'm agreeing Manny needs to release this information. However, for all we know the medication he was supplied could have been for gonorrhea or any other STD. If that were the case, he may be weighing whether or not it's worth releasing it or not. We just don;t know yet.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:49 AM)

It's funny how it's joked about with certain players. Media members/baseball people are willing make their quasi-cryptic statements (coming just short of saying "so and so WAS on steroids) and speak openly about it when there isn't a mic in front of them but then vilified those who do test positive because they own a few records. It's almost accepted because they're not huge names.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
Yes, those two fought the suspensions but still lost. Based on precedents set by MLB, it is almost impossible to have one of these types of suspensions tossed out. Therefore, why bother to fight it? He might as well serve the suspension now and come back as soon as possible to help the Dodgers compete. Delaying the suspension period only hurts the Dodgers team. Also, this report came out what, 2 hours ago? You need to give a little time to react to this before comparing what Cameron/Romero did to what Manny is NOT doing. I'm agreeing Manny needs to release this information. However, for all we know the medication he was supplied could have been for gonorrhea or any other STD. If that were the case, he may be weighing whether or not it's worth releasing it or not. We just don;t know yet.

To be fair, according to a reporter in LA who was on the Score, they knew about this during last night's game. So Manny knew yesterday what was going on, and Boras probably knew before Manny.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:03 AM)
Wait, so Manny has turned down his right to appeal?

The medication excuse is going down the drain in a hurry.

Does MLB have a zero tolerance policy? I'm not sure how the system works. Meaning, even if it was a legit prescription and you didn't check with MLB does it matter?