5/7 Games

flavum

I wonder if they would consider giving Omogrosso a spot start if Contreras gets shelled tomorrow?

They said they won't bring up Poreda, Ozzie has been hesistant about Richard too....so that leaves Van Benschoten, Torres and Broadway, I guess. Maybe Whisler, but I can't imagine him unless it's a team that is LH dominant.

Wouldn't Omogrosso be the starter of the AA/AAA staffs with the best raw stuff who it wouldn't be a complete disaster if he got rocked in one outing?

Edited by caulfield12

I understand the thinking behind that, but he still needs as much time as possible to work on his defense at SS.

Then again, they're piling up so many crooked numbers, you have to balance that with being respectful to your competition and not piling on. And, as long as they rotate with Flowers and Allen and it's not always Beckham being pulled, that's fine. But Shelby and Viciedo really need to get 500-550 AB's this season.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Are the Angels planning on creating a new stadium? (this is a serious question)

Because my idea would make it a requirement that all new stadiums have a retractable dome. And you could make an exemption for places that rarely have rain and bad weather.

Nope. They rennovated there stadium a few years back and while the actual stadium is one of the older ones in baseball, I haven't heard any talks of them building a new facility.

QUOTE (scenario @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
Lost in the shadow of the Barons' offensive performance is the fact that Omogrosso is having himself a VERY nice outing.

I wonder if the Sox are going to actually consider him a starter. I was alway told that they felt he was a reliever and I personally believe that is where his upside was. However, him, like Matt Long, were put into the rotation so they could continue to develop there other pitches as ideally that will make them far better relievers long term. Long hasn't panned out as quick as people had expected (the org loved him when they drafted him), but he's still a guy to keep an eye on cause out of the pen he has a mid 90's fastball.