The MB rules thread...

SoxFan562004

352nd all time in wins with 127. Next up at 128 includes Jason Schmidt.

Active ranks before tonight:

BB/9: 6th

ERA+: 11th

Win-Loss Pct.: 15th

CG: 15th

WHIP: 17th

ERA: 18th

IP: 20th

SO: 20th

Wins: 21st

Starts: 24th

K: 45th

HR/9: 47th

And he's just 30. And I don't see another White Sox ever wearing 56. He may not be an ace, but I sure as hell don't want him anywhere else but on the South Side.

The thing you have to love about him, among other things, is his approach.

Why all pitchers don't get the ball and deliver it as quickly as he does is beyond comprehension.

It's the way to pitch.

Even if you are getting rocked, it seems to me, getting it and delivering it, is the way to go, not delaying delivery forever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2009 -> 12:16 AM)

Why all pitchers don't get the ball and deliver it as quickly as he does is beyond comprehension.

It's the way to pitch.

Even if you are getting rocked, it seems to me, getting it and delivering it, is the way to go, not delaying delivery forever.

that's what I respect. Some days you get your ass kicked, and you know what, just take it and see what they dish out

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 8, 2009 -> 12:36 AM)
352nd all time in wins with 127. Next up at 128 includes Jason Schmidt.

Active ranks before tonight:

BB/9: 6th

ERA+: 11th

Win-Loss Pct.: 15th

CG: 15th

WHIP: 17th

ERA: 18th

IP: 20th

SO: 20th

Wins: 21st

Starts: 24th

K: 45th

HR/9: 47th

And he's just 30. And I don't see another White Sox ever wearing 56. He may not be an ace, but I sure as hell don't want him anywhere else but on the South Side.

Tarp slides: 1st

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:44 AM)
They were saying yesterday that since 2001, MB has more quality starts than any pitcher in baseball.

THAT is awesome.

I actually heard Steve Phillips mention something about that for our entire staff. It may have been since 2003 or something, the White Sox have more quality starts than any other team in baseball.

Mark is definitely a huge part of that.

I hope and pray that the only jersey Mark wears is a Sox jersey. I watched most of last night's game and was blown away by what I saw. He looked totally in control, relaxed, confident, and was still smiling. Truly a great guy and a great pitcher.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2009 -> 12:16 AM)

It's the way to pitch.

Danks is sort of the same way.

Seems to work for him and MB.

MB is on the Score. Says he's looking for an apology from Cowley for all the injury non-sense from spring training but he knows he'll never get one from him. It didn't sound like he was joking.

Also said if he was pitching in Texas when the Sox were getting hit, he would have gone out and tried to hit someone.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (earthshiner @ May 8, 2009 -> 09:28 AM)
has there been a white sox player in the last 30 years thats been easier to like than MB? The only one that really jumps out is Baines.

Joey Belle.