Rangers @ Sox - 5/8 Game Thread

Sorry to see Jose's White Sox career possibly ending this way.

Courageous comeback, and maybe he can get a feel for the forkball in the pen, but Jose has never profiled as someone who could successfully come into a short-relief situation.

At best, he's a replacement for Broadway and can eat innings in blowouts at this point.

Well, no matter what, he was the best pitcher from August 05 through May, 06 in all of baseball. Something to behold. 17 consecutive victories that will never be forgotten.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
anyone really suprised here.... sorry to say this was going to happened no matter what cause ozzie that blind to see that contreas isnt at all right and this isnt helping this teams confidence.

Ozzie's not a total idiot. He's letting Jose sink or swim here, right now Jose is drowning. He's not going to remain in the rotation after today unless shuts them down for the next 4 innings. It's not like we have an abundance of good replacements.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 9, 2009 -> 12:44 AM)
I wouldn't mind seeing Broadway get a start.

Gross...he's another terrible player that has no business being on a MLB roster. The options should be Poreda, Whisler, or Torres. If you don't reward the players who are performing in the minors, then KW is a freaking hypocrite.

I don't think they're confident enough in Poreda's control, and they're also concerned he too will become a one-pitch pitcher if he gets behind in counts...in which case Aaron will get hammered.

There are no good solutions...but I think, unfortunately, another Broadway start is more likely than anything. Richard's arm isn't stretched out.

Trying Omogrosso wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, he's predominantly as FB pitcher, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for his confidence if he got totally bombed...and his ultimate destination has always been perceived to be the bullpen.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
you always do what is best for team first and throwing jose wasnt it.

I wouldn't have pitched him after his last start in Texas but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. He's making $10M, he rushed back from injury, he's been a staple with the organization for over 4 years and we have no obvious replacement. One last sink or swim outing at home isn't the worst thing in the world.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Gross...he's another terrible player that has no business being on a MLB roster. The options should be Poreda, Whisler, or Torres. If you don't reward the players who are performing in the minors, then KW is a freaking hypocrite.

he's a starter by trade, not a reliever. you drafted him with a first pick - at least give him a chance.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 9, 2009 -> 01:49 AM)
he's a starter by trade, not a reliever. you drafted him with a first pick - at least give him a chance.

You don't promote players just cause they're a 1st round pick in baseball. He had a near 6 ERA in the Intl League. It will probably be Richard that takes his place in the rotation, even though I'll believe it when I see it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
You don't promote players just cause they're a 1st round pick in baseball. He had a near 6 ERA in the Intl League. It will probably be Richard that takes his place in the rotation, even though I'll believe it when I see it.

If Jose is replaced which isn't 100% certain at this time, I'd put my money on Broadway. Ozzie came out and said Richard isn't ready just a few days ago, even for as big a hypocrite as Ozzie is I don't think he'll go back on that one. Lance has made 2 starts in his career both have been lucky as hell but successful: 1.59 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 5.2 avg IP.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
Another awesome AB for Lillibridge. It just seems some games that our offense has no focus/intensity at the plate.

Until Lilly realizes that he can't hit homers, he will fail. And yes, he does think he can hit for power.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 9, 2009 -> 01:04 AM)
Until Lilly realizes that he can't hit homers, he will fail. And yes, he does think he can hit for power.

No..until the Sox realize he's not a Major League player, he will fail. There's no excuse for him to be in the majors, and it's pathetic that the Sox are making it about the adjustments he's not making. You can't try and just force someone to be on a MLB roster to try and show an immediate return on a trade.

Edited by fathom