Rangers @ Sox - 5/8 Game Thread

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
This is f***ing disgusting.

This is his 3rd hitter and I'm done. He's throwing 100% sidearm and getting behind, this is sink or swim time for Jose. At this rate his Sox career could be over by the 4th.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 9, 2009 -> 12:17 AM)
This is his 3rd hitter and I'm done. He's throwing 100% sidearm and getting behind, this is sink or swim time for Jose. At this rate his Sox career could be over by the 4th.

Nice catch by Lillibridge, I thought that was gone off the bat.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
Nice catch by Lillibridge, I thought that was gone off the bat.

It sure as hell sounded like it. Hawk is giving it to Jose now, he's knows he's about done. Hawk should be pretty good today since he can pretty much let loose on Contreras.

You can tell a player's status with the organization just by Hawk's tone and the name by which he calls the player.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
You can tell by his tone that even Hawk is ready to see Contreras go.

Was thinking the same thing.

Drop down, drop down, drop down, etc....

Stone keeps also saying that if Contreras continues to drop down and throws it over the plate like he's doing, the Rangers are going to crush him. He's not even trying to throw forkballs now. Who would have thought Contreras would get Andruw Jones to a 1-2 count, and not even try to throw his only above average pitch?

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 9, 2009 -> 12:22 AM)
contreas body langaguage says it all no confience and walking back dugout like he knows this is it.

It's this simple...if he's not willing to throw his fork ball, then don't pitch him. It's similar to if Floyd didn't want to throw his curve.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
It's this simple...if he's not willing to throw his fork ball, then don't pitch him. It's similar to if Floyd didn't want to throw his curve.

He's using his forkball about half as often this year than in year's past. From ~21% down to ~10%.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 06:55 PM)
Nix looks like a 10 year MLB veteran compared to Lillibridge. Lillibridge is completely overmatched at the plate, and besides his speed, has no tools to really develop. I agree with you though, the Nix love will probably last another week at the most. Then, we'll hear calls again for Alexei in CF and Beckham at SS.

I think the Sox see Lillibridge as a utility player and the one thing that he does bring is good to outstanding defense at multiple positions which is a good asset for a UT. He is definately not a starter at this point but with the injuries and lack of production he is forced to play more than he probably should at this point.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
Everything is away. Adjust.

you would with the way he hangs over the plate, away would be the one pitch he could hit.