Rangers @ Sox - 5/8 Game Thread

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 9, 2009 -> 01:18 AM)
I'm watching, and I agree with you, he doesn't belong out there. He's done. I'm just saying I hate to see him being reviled by fans like he's the pitching version of dweezy. He's been a stud for this club, just not in a long time. Blame williams, ozzie, coop...but not him.

That I agree with...not like it would matter tonight who was pitching though if our hitters keep looking impotent at the plate.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
we are learning so much about our fanbase. thankless assholes. that dude helped us win a WS. he is a hell of a man. i am sorry to see this occur to him.

You don't get a free pass for the rest of your career because you helped win a f***ing world series 5 years ago. I have no problem with the fans booing him off the field, I wouldn't have done it but his performance since June of '06 has been awful.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 9, 2009 -> 02:21 AM)
You don't get a free pass for the rest of your career because you helped win a f***ing world series 5 years ago. I have no problem with the fans booing him off the field, I wouldn't have done it but his performance since June of '06 has been awful.

Well said

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
we are learning so much about our fanbase. thankless assholes. that dude helped us win a WS. he is a hell of a man. i am sorry to see this occur to him.

I'm sure every win he got us in 05 he was cheered like hell for, but the fact is he hasn't given use anything since the second half of 06 and just because you have magical achilles healing powers doesn't mean when you go 0-5 with an era over 8 you shouldn't be Boo'd...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)

Got to it before me... well said

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 8, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
Anyone think Ozzie may want to look at DJ in the rotation, especially, say, if he goes 4 strong tonight?

Looks pretty good.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 9, 2009 -> 01:26 AM)
Anyone think Ozzie may want to look at DJ in the rotation, especially, say, if he goes 4 strong tonight?

He has as good a feel for pitching as anyone on the roster besides Buehrle. However, if he had to start a game, I think he'd struggle with an all lefty lineup.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:27 PM)
He has as good a feel for pitching as anyone on the roster besides Buehrle. However, if he had to start a game, I think he'd struggle with an all lefty lineup.

The f***er would probably destroy our lineup.... :unsure:

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)

I remember him last year giving us a few good games of 4 inn ball... at this point too I think we can say as long as Colon stays healthy is a more then expectable#4 meaning if Carracso can be %5 and give us 5-6 inn per we should be fine

QUOTE (G&T @ May 8, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
I don't know why every team in baseball doesn't put some random lefty on the mound in every game against the Sox.

We destroyed Harrison last year. Not really sure what's going on here, makes very little sense.

free pass? is that the way you say goodbye to a guy? more than likely he wont pitch again for us. if anything i wouldve cheered my ass off for that man. he was booed out of yankee stadium. he turned it around with us. he almost single handedly won the WS for us in my opinion. we wouldnt have even made the playoffs without him. DONT FORGET THAT! and on his way out the door you basically enjoy demoralizing him? he has a life to live. and you enjoy spitting on him? classless.