I never thought I'd say this....

fathom

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:48 AM)
Why? It's not like he swings at EVERYTHING. Oh. wait...

He is also our hottest hitter batting 6-7 currently. WHy f***ing move him?

and my other point of wanting to punch ozzie in the face is refusing to play Getz against lefty SP. Leave him in the f***ing game, let him play, you can't platoon every f***ing position

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
I like Getz, but even he is struggling now. He's 3 for his last 20. You could also put him in the 2nd spot, but AJP seems like a perfect fit for that right now. As we were talking about in chat, the 2nd hitter usually gets the most fastballs. The problem with that is we have our worst fastball hitter in the 2nd spot.

I know Alexei is lost as s*** right now, but I want him hitting 2nd, seeing as how he's one of the best fastball hitters on the team. I would try and do anything to spark him right now, and he and Thome are huge parts of this offense that are completely stagnant right now.

I love how the Sun Times editor writes blaring headline "Guillen rips Sox" when the opposite was really the case, he seemed, from all accounts, somewhere between resigned and crying, certainly frustrated, but definitly not "fiery." As many have argued, having to send Contreras down to the minors after everything he did to start the season, and then having no real options to replace him with, as well as having to run Lillibridge out there in the line-up, not good.

''A very no-life day. That's what it looked like to me,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''I know when you're struggling it's not easy to get pumped up and smile and enjoy this game. Padilla pitched well, but at the same time, I didn't see any life.

''We're swinging at good pitches,'' Lillibridge said. ''We need results now. We need to string some hits together. That's what we want.''

''We have good hitters,'' Guillen said. ''When things don't go your way, that's when you have to step it up. It's hard because we've tried everything. We've tried different lineups [19 so far], but then it becomes inconsistent. Someone gets hurt or that lineup on that day doesn't work.

''We'll hit, but we have to get going. I expect to have a better road trip than the last one [1-4]. Hopefully it's a wake-up call to play better.

''Hitting is contagious and winning is contagious, but losing can be, too. I don't want to keep hoping we come here and win. We've been through worse than this. I know it's still early, but it's better to work on it early.''

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2009 -> 08:02 AM)
I love how the Sun Times editor writes blaring headline "Guillen rips Sox" when the opposite was really the case, he seemed, from all accounts, somewhere between resigned and crying, certainly frustrated, but definitly not "fiery." As many have argued, having to send Contreras down to the minors after everything he did to start the season, and then having no real options to replace him with, as well as having to run Lillibridge out there in the line-up, not good.

''A very no-life day. That's what it looked like to me,'' manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''I know when you're struggling it's not easy to get pumped up and smile and enjoy this game. Padilla pitched well, but at the same time, I didn't see any life.

''We're swinging at good pitches,'' Lillibridge said. ''We need results now. We need to string some hits together. That's what we want.''

''We have good hitters,'' Guillen said. ''When things don't go your way, that's when you have to step it up. It's hard because we've tried everything. We've tried different lineups [19 so far], but then it becomes inconsistent. Someone gets hurt or that lineup on that day doesn't work.

''We'll hit, but we have to get going. I expect to have a better road trip than the last one [1-4]. Hopefully it's a wake-up call to play better.

''Hitting is contagious and winning is contagious, but losing can be, too. I don't want to keep hoping we come here and win. We've been through worse than this. I know it's still early, but it's better to work on it early.''

Lillibridge tries to hit everything 9 miles. Maybe instead of playing him in the game, they can have him hit whiffle balls on the fundamentals deck. If he clears the 15 foot fence he gets a gift card and can run around the bases.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^

Might be one of the best in the league in the 2 spot in my opinion. Hell even the 9 spot he'll thrive.

I agree, Put pods at lead-off & maybe even put quentin at the #2hole . He batted second for awhile last year, until AJ eventually went to the #2 spot. Getz at nineth and Quentin could have 2 speedy guys on ahead of him after the first inning. Something needs change.