Contreras Out of the Rotation

ThunderBolt

I was sitting behind the White Sox dugout tonight, and I know Contreras was bad and has been bad, but some of the classless people around there are way out of line with what they are yelling at him. The guy is perhaps the biggest reason there is a trophy at that park. He also is a guy that wasn't supposed to pitch until August, if ever again. Remove him from the rotation, but the Count will rise again, and all these "fans" will be singing another tune. I understand the whole, "I bought a ticket, I have a right to be an asshole" talk, the funny thing is most of the people who pop off didn't buy their own ticket, but saying disgusting things like what was being thrown at Jose shouldn't be said to anybody higher than Drew Peterson.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 8, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
I was sitting behind the White Sox dugout tonight, and I know Contreras was bad and has been bad, but some of the classless people around there are way out of line with what they are yelling at him. The guy is perhaps the biggest reason there is a trophy at that park. He also is a guy that wasn't supposed to pitch until August, if ever again. Remove him from the rotation, but the Count will rise again, and all these "fans" will be singing another tune. I understand the whole, "I bought a ticket, I have a right to be an asshole" talk, the funny thing is most of the people who pop off didn't buy their own ticket, but saying disgusting things like what was being thrown at Jose shouldn't be said to anybody higher than Drew Peterson.

That's pathetic. The guy busted his ass to get back on the field. I can understand frustration...but acting like a douche nozzle is embarrassing. I sure he feels bad enough. Hopefully he can get on track.

Just say no to Richard in the rotation.

It seems like he's finding a groove now in middle relief, leave him there. We all know he can only go about 4 innings before the line-ups catch up to him...

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 8, 2009 -> 11:36 PM)
How I see it...it's got to boil down to Poreda (which I'm not really in favor of)...or dial up Pedro.

I agree we should prob. give poreda a shot. That being said I think it's going to be clayton and count will take his place in the bullpen.

I understand the whole, "I bought a ticket, I have a right to be an asshole" talk, the funny thing is most of the people who pop off didn't buy their own ticket, but saying disgusting things like what was being thrown at Jose shouldn't be said to anybody higher than Drew Peterson.

Those fans are everything that's wrong with modern sports.

Big picture is Jose helped bring us a WS title. You really are lucky to get 1-2 in a lifetime considering all the teams in baseball, the money disparity, and the luck involved in getting hot at the right time, etc. If you are a true fan with the proper perspective and Jose gets ignited like tonight, what you do is shut the f*** up, look sad, and order another beer. If you don't drink or won't pay the prices, you still sit there and shut the f*** up or bemoan the fact Ozzie/KW keep trotting him out there.

Dumbass fans who give the whole park a bad name.

Contreras is even worse of a pitcher in the bullpen.

He cannot pitch quickly, or out of the stretch effectively, so runners will steal on him even more.

Plus, he cannot warm up quickly enough in a bullpen at a moment's notice to pitch effectively on the mound..

QUOTE (quade36 @ May 9, 2009 -> 05:57 AM)
What do you guys think about Carlos Torres or Wes Whisler? Those guys have been doing the best in AAA so far. Not great scouting reports for either though.

Neither one of those guys are the long-term answer either...they might win a game or two (like Lance Broadway has done against the Royals), but they're not on KW's "board" of future contributors. They're just organizational filler right now, occupying roster spots.

Omogrosso is the only starter (besides Poreda) with major league stuff (and maybe Santeliz, but he's just off DL)...the jury is still out on Harrell, Ely and Cassel, but the first three are the most likely to stick as starters or relievers over a 2-3 year time period.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2009 -> 06:17 AM)
Neither one of those guys are the long-term answer either...they might win a game or two (like Lance Broadway has done against the Royals), but they're not on KW's "board" of future contributors. They're just organizational filler right now, occupying roster spots.

Omogrosso is the only starter (besides Poreda) with major league stuff (and maybe Santeliz, but he's just off DL)...the jury is still out on Harrell, Ely and Cassel, but the first three are the most likely to stick as starters or relievers over a 2-3 year time period.

You have seen this board?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 9, 2009 -> 07:57 AM)
You have seen this board?

Wasn't Whisler removed from the 40 man? If these guys were KWs boys, they most likely would be in Chicago right now. Its not to say either one of them won't get called up, but Egbert and Broadway each got the call without getting people out in Charlotte. They are minor league fodder.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 9, 2009 -> 08:19 AM)
Wasn't Whisler removed from the 40 man? If these guys were KWs boys, they most likely would be in Chicago right now. Its not to say either one of them won't get called up, but Egbert and Broadway each got the call without getting people out in Charlotte. They are minor league fodder.

Im not referring to anything regarding their strengths or weaknesses or the organizations plans for the players. Who knows what KWs board says, it could very well have Torres on it, somehow Broadway has remained on that board, and crap players like Andy Gonzales, MacDougal, Wasserman have all made their appearances on that board. last year everyone was sure that Owens was going to be the late season call up, and it turned out to be Wise at Buddy Bells suggestion

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 8, 2009 -> 11:19 PM)

:headbang :notworthy well said.

I felt bad about him getting booed in the manner he did, but damn was it frustrating to watch. i dont know if the Count is going to be able to rise again, he really looks like he hit a wall