Rangers vs. Palehose Game Thread 5/9/09 - 6:05pm CDT - WGN

Brian

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)
Yeah, but who's the replacement? Wilson Betemit isn't the answer.

Unless Quentin starts to really get hot or Ramirez figures it out, this could be a looong year.

Start playing Nix and Betemit over there. Fields just isn't giving the Sox good at bats.

QUOTE (Colorado Sox Fan @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:11 AM)
Williams sucks.You guys spent the money to fill the stands and he did jack sh## to put a major league team on the field.

He had a dollar to spend, and gave 50 cents to Colon and 50 cents to the homeless (Pods).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
Start playing Nix and Betemit over there. Fields just isn't giving the Sox good at bats.

I totally agree with your 2nd sentence. I'm just saying I don't want Betemit over there. You do bring up Nix, which could be interesting.

These pitchers lately are guys who we should start to get some good swings off of and it isn't happening.

Poreda's pitching well so far tonight, but he would be on three day's rest and wouldn't be able to go Wednesday anyway.

Will have to be Broadway, Richard, Carraso or Omogrosso (I hope).

Vince Coleman or Henderson would steal 200+ bases in the AL Central with AJ and Victor Martinez in the division.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:16 AM)
It's a shame the Sox weren't able to get Edwin Jackson (a lot of people on the board wanted him, including me), he's dominating again.

Jackson's numbers last year were troubling, but he's really turned it on this year. The Tigers are getting nothing from Ordonez, but they still look like the cream of the crop in the AL Central. Oh, and Joe Mauer's amazing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:18 AM)
You are going to need a big turnover in the pitching staff to realize your dream

I'd rather have a manager who will call from a pitch out once every 3 years, as to possibly give the opposition something to think about.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)
It won't be Tyler Flowers, but he'll give us Thome-like numbers at catcher with less homers and higher batting average.

I highly doubt Flowers ever hits over 25 homers in a season.