Rangers vs. Palehose Game Thread 5/10/08--1:05pm CSN

Brian

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
Why are Stoney/Hawk making Padilla out to be a great pitcher? He's been really bad the past few years.

very true, the days of Padilla's Flotillas are long over.

This game's reminding me of the first game we had against Galarraga this year. You need to be able to stack your lineup with more than 3 lefty hitters when you're facing a guy with such drastic splits. The sooner DWise gets healthy, the better.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
This game's reminding me of the first game we had against Galarraga this year. You need to be able to stack your lineup with more than 3 lefty hitters when you're facing a guy with such drastic splits. The sooner DWise gets healthy, the better.

Pining for the return of Dewayne Wise, how cute.

I'm just happy that my 2005 WS glee is still holding strong and I don't allow myself to get the same White Sox angst that I used to.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
I'm just happy that my 2005 WS glee is still holding strong and I don't allow myself to get the same White Sox angst that I used to.

Same could be said for KW and Ozzie.

well...one can always hope for a turnaround, but there's nothing evident in the sox to suggest that they're a team on the verge of turning things around. Yes, they look good for one game here and there, but then just seem to fall back into bad habits, like bad AB's, base running mistakes. Not to mention that it feels like every single walk/error seems to come around and score. I wish they could adopt the Mike Soscia philosophy of NEVER GIVE AWAY AN AT BAT. Battle every pitch.

But the one thing I do find encouraging is the pitching of Buehrle and Danks. If Gavin can get on track that could help big time.

Just came home from walking and playing with my pit bull puppies and by what I'm reading here I'm not gonna bother watching today's game,I'm having a nice weekend and I don't want to ruin it.

Remember how Hawk was saying that Ozzie hasn't been this excited ever in the spring training, how this team has a lot of potential.

Ladies and gentleman we are playing ugly baseball.

Shutouts and one hitters are no FUN to watch, I hope you're reading this Jerry Reinsdorf.

If the score holds, we've scored 1 run or less in 6 of Lillibridge's last 7 starts. He's our good luck charm, and it's not like the guy who would have been starting (Pods) is an actual MLB player either. Wily Taveras would have looked so good.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:57 PM)
Remember how Hawk was saying that Ozzie hasn't been this excited ever in the spring training, how this team has a lot of potential.

Hawk also said Jose was throwing an unbelievable cutter. All that talk was to divert the general Sox fan's attention instead of asking: what exactly happened to our payroll?

Well, Broadway's warming!!!! And hey Ozzie, the 8th or 9th inning would be a perfect time for Broadway to hit a batter. We've been hit 6 times in the season series vs Texas, and they've been hit once.

Edited by fathom