Rangers vs. Palehose Game Thread 5/10/08--1:05pm CSN

Brian

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
well whenever I want to go to a game in July or August good seats will be available. At least I have that to look forward to.

and just to prove you wrong I am gonna buy all of them

QUOTE (tommy @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Remember how Hawk was saying that Ozzie hasn't been this excited ever in the spring training, how this team has a lot of potential.

Ladies and gentleman we are playing ugly baseball.

Shutouts and one hitters are no FUN to watch, I hope you're reading this Jerry Reinsdorf.

I think Ozzie thinks (or wants to think that) he's managing a team like the Marlins. He's looking for that mix of power and speed, but fails to realize that he's compromising the ballgame by giving AB's to Pods and Lillibridge. Instead, we should be more like Weaver's Orioles, or even the current Jays and Cubs. We need to take pitches and drive the damn ball that's where we succeed.

Edited by Thunderbolt

It feels like we've been blown out at home more this season than all of last year. Good thing we've won most of our close games, because we're not very competitive in far too many games. That's a sign of a TERRIBLE team.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
And to think we put the fate of Tuesday's game vs KC in Broadway's less than capable hands.

It still sickens me that he was the 15th overall pick. He was supposed to have this great curveball, which I still haven't seen.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
It still sickens me that he was the 15th overall pick. He was supposed to have this great curveball, which I still haven't seen.

Ellsbury, Matt Garza, and Joey Devine all taken after Lance.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 10, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)

exactly. Which is why even if this team did decide to wave the white flag and start making trades, i have little confidence in their ability to make good ones. It does help having Buddy Bell around, though.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
I think Ozzie thinks (or wants to think that) he's managing a team like the Marlins. He's looking for that mix of power and speed, but fails to realize that he's compromising the ballgame by giving AB's to Pods and Lillibridge. Instead, we should be more like Weaver's Orioles, or even the current Jays and Cubs. We need to take pitches and drive the damn ball that's where we succeed.

Who would you suggest to play CF then?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 10, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
exactly. Which is why even if this team did decide to wave the white flag and start making trades, i have little confidence in their ability to make good ones. It does help having Buddy Bell around, though.

We have KW. I have faith. As long as the person involved in the trade is not Nick Swisher.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 10, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)

At least now we have a chance in philosophy and have removed some people that might have had mischevious agendas.

I thought Lauman(n) was in charge of scouting for the draft now...not sure what input Buddy Bell has on the draft itself, it seems he's more responsible for the system itself and inculcating the correct fundamentals and finding the best possible coaches/teachers.

Still waiting for announcement of Wedge firing.

Detroit will be in first place soon enough...they have the best overall team, best bullpen, best combination of starting pitching and relievers. They're getting older and not great defensively, but the infield (aside from M. Cabrera) and Granderson is strong.

Edited by caulfield12